PDA

View Full Version : error when trying to save a custom map

eaty88
03-15-2004, 09:14 PM
When I try to save a custom map on the map editor I get a message that tells me I have 1 or more spaces in the name and it won't allow to have that. I tried using another folder to save the file but it won't work. I tried using numbers and all sorts of stuff for the filename and I tried saving it in many other places but I get the same result. Any help anyone could give me would be great.

eaty88
03-15-2004, 09:14 PM
When I try to save a custom map on the map editor I get a message that tells me I have 1 or more spaces in the name and it won't allow to have that. I tried using another folder to save the file but it won't work. I tried using numbers and all sorts of stuff for the filename and I tried saving it in many other places but I get the same result. Any help anyone could give me would be great.

Beckett.
03-16-2004, 01:31 AM
The editor is trying to save to the default program install location ("\Program Files\Raven Shield\") and doesn't like that there is are spaces in the folder path . The quick solution is to save to a temporary location like "c:\rvsmaps\" and then copy the file into the real maps folder whenever you want to test the map. The better fix, especially if you are planning to do a lot of map-making, is to uninstall raven shield completely and reinstall it to a path without spaces (like c:\RavenShield\).

-Beckett
http://RvSMaps.com