PDA

View Full Version : Iam using a retail Ghost recon and I uninstalled it, but when i installed back i encountered problem

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2003, 08:12 PM
s. My main issue is trying to upgrade my mods. It seems that i am bare according to the Ubi game compatability field (online) but when i try to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.3 it tells me that " a newer version was detected and that setup will exit" or when I try 1.4 since supposedly i have a newer version than that of 1.3, I get "you need to download 1.3 before 1.4". I am getting very frustrated after trying to erase most of any that is ghost recon related in order to fix this problem or (s). My OS is 98 and I have access to the original ghost recon and my retail island thunder does not show an install feature just play feature. Can anybody please help me?

XyZspineZyX
11-25-2003, 08:12 PM
s. My main issue is trying to upgrade my mods. It seems that i am bare according to the Ubi game compatability field (online) but when i try to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.3 it tells me that " a newer version was detected and that setup will exit" or when I try 1.4 since supposedly i have a newer version than that of 1.3, I get "you need to download 1.3 before 1.4". I am getting very frustrated after trying to erase most of any that is ghost recon related in order to fix this problem or (s). My OS is 98 and I have access to the original ghost recon and my retail island thunder does not show an install feature just play feature. Can anybody please help me?

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 12:39 AM
To muertemaldita,

When you uninstalled GR did you use the add/remove? Try the below and reinstall but on reinstall disable your anti virus software and re-download the patches from the below link as yours maybe corrupt. Also what CD's of the game do you have and are they a box set or stand alone? Did they come as a bundle with a graphics card?

Patch v1.3, v1.4 http://www.ghostrecon.com/patch.php?param=pcgr

<font color="#00FF00">GR Uninstall</font>

First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.

Now reinstall GR/DS/IT

If you crash during an install or uninstall (usually caused by installing without enough disk space or an interruption from anti-virus software), and the installer will not let you uninstall GR, taking the following steps should allow you to reinstall:

----------------------------------------------
DELETE THE FOLLOWING FILES:

The directory you installed to. The default is c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\

The following directory is usually on your c: drive:
c:\program files\Installshield Installation Information\D89EF3B3-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787\

DELETE ONLY THE CONTENTS OF THESE DIRECTORIES, NOT THE DIRECTORIES THEMSELVES:
These are usually on your c: drive:
Windows 9X/ME:
c:\temp or c:\windows\temp

Windows 2000 or XP:
c:\Documents and Settings\\Temp\D89EF3B3-4665-B7A9

- Try the install again. If it still doesn't work:

DELETE THE FOLLOWING REG KEYS AND CONTENTS:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CurrentVersi on\AppPaths\GhostRecon.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsft\CurrentVersio n\Uninstall\D89EF3B3-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\applications\GhostRecon.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon

DELETE THE FOLLOWING FILES:

The directory you installed to. The default is c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\

The following directory is usually on your c: drive:
c:\program files\Installshield Installation Information\D89EF3B3-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787\

DELETE ONLY THE CONTENTS OF THESE DIRECTORIES, NOT THE DIRECTORIES THEMSELVES:
These are usually on your c: drive:
Windows 9X/ME:
c:\temp or c:\windows\temp

Windows 2000 or XP:
c:\Documents and Settings\\Temp\D89EF3B3-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787\

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Some people have reported this, so I'm putting it here

IF YOU GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE ON INSTALL:

Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub

------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
This error is caused by a DLL that was installed on the system, such as Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll, Asycfilt.dll, Stdole2.tlb, or others that are not compatible with that system. For example, version 3.50 of Oleaut32.dll is installed and used only by Windows XP and so causes this error if it is installed on a machine running any other operating system.

------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
The only way to avoid this error is to download and run the following executable that is provided by Microsoft.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninvestor/Patch/1.0/WIN98/EN-US/mcrepair.EXE

When you run this executable, when it prompts you whether you wish to overwrite Newer files, make sure to click YES for each file ( do not select "No" or "No to All" ).

<CENTER>http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~tarkas/Snipe21blue.jpg <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>