PDA

View Full Version : Eder Kemo challange stinks

wink32
02-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Have finished and received the coveted "T" shirt in my Relto clothes closet. Have found all Relto pages (I think) except the one in Eder Kemo that sits on a ledge. Requires agile run/jump to get there. Have tried hundreds of time and have now given up. Waiting for future ages to appear on line. BUT this run jump feature is very discouraging with no "work arounds". How do others feel about the run-jump feature?

wink32
02-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Have finished and received the coveted "T" shirt in my Relto clothes closet. Have found all Relto pages (I think) except the one in Eder Kemo that sits on a ledge. Requires agile run/jump to get there. Have tried hundreds of time and have now given up. Waiting for future ages to appear on line. BUT this run jump feature is very discouraging with no "work arounds". How do others feel about the run-jump feature?

knottyboywayne
02-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Once I learned to line up the stone with the lampost behind it, I eventually got to the top of that stone and then to the ledge with the Yeesha page. It does take a bit of effort. You will get it! Just take a break then try again. Once you make it to the top of the stone that will give you the boost you need to keep trying even if you fall off the bloody thing LOL. You're doing great just be a bit easier on yourself. Took me a few days of trying to finally get it.
Cheers,
Knotty

Achenar:23652
Atrus:177314
Katran:504079

XP Home Edition 5.1, build 2600
Intel 4 2GHz, 512 RAM
NVidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400, driver 53.03
DirectX 9.0b

AussieMystic
02-17-2004, 05:33 PM
I actually found it surprisingly easy. The way I did it? I ignored the advice that people had given and found another way.

Okay, you still need to get on top of the large stone and jump from there. But rather than do a running leap onto the stone from the sloping wall on the right hand side (kept falling off), I just ran up to the stone and did a few jumps which resulted in me 'climbing' up onto the stone. From there a quick running jump onto the ledge with the page should do the trick.

poutrew
02-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Another way is to walk backwards up the side of the cliff, keeping lined up with the stone, and then to begin running and *quickly* jump. If you do it right, you wind up on the top of the rock, and then you can jump from it to the little bluff where the relto page is. It is a tad frustrating, and I kept thinking how easy this would be in real life. Just climb up the damned thing, of course using those magical things called ARMS http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeeDee.Bee
02-17-2004, 07:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AussieMystic:
I actually found it surprisingly easy. The way I did it? I ignored the advice that people had given and found another way.

Okay, you still need to get on top of the large stone and jump from there. But rather than do a running leap onto the stone from the sloping wall on the right hand side (kept falling off), I just ran up to the stone and did a few jumps which resulted in me 'climbing' up onto the stone. From there a quick running jump onto the ledge with the page should do the trick.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't even need to jump to the first stone, You can actually walk up the side of the stone and then jump to the ledge. . . . I didn't find that out until my second time playing through the game http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif but it makes a HUGE difference! Much easier. . . I agree the physical things are not good!. I much prefer to use my mind to solve things!

Cordie
02-19-2004, 05:27 AM
Yes I found walking up the stone worked for me too - it took a while to figure it out, especially after reading some advice about where to line up and run and jump from, but in the end it was pretty easy http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It was in no way as hard as the jump into the gear in Gahreesen - now that was hard http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Cordelia
KI# 02048896
The Meeting Place(Atrus Shard)

inkwell_
02-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Wink, don't feel bad..the first time I played Prime, I kept trying to walk all the way around the "bridge" over the place where the page is and jump DOWN to it. I must have tried that for hours before dicovering I just needed to hop on the rock and then to the ledge. Some of the things I tried, I look back and laugh at now.
inki

Vernsh
02-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Yes, this one pretty tedious but don't give up. It took me many tries the first time but I've since play through the game 3 times and I now can usually make it within 2 or 3 tries. Personally, I don't think the page is worth the trouble.

dianag
02-22-2004, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wink32:
Have finished and received the coveted "T" shirt in my Relto clothes closet. Have found all Relto pages (I think) except the one in Eder Kemo that sits on a ledge. Requires agile run/jump to get there. Have tried hundreds of time and have now given up. Waiting for future ages to appear on line. BUT this run jump feature is very discouraging with no "work arounds". How do others feel about the run-jump feature?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey there, wink32! I looked at everyone's advice after I had problems here...you have to do what you feel comfortable with, but...I walked around the cliffside to see if I could walk to the "plateau" with the page on it, and I found that, even with my feet in midair, I could turn and see the gray stone a bit below and I used the down arrow to go back to the wall, and looked at the stone, and did a quick forward arrow and then the jump spacebar, and lo and behold! I landed precariously on the stone...did a quick short back step and was able to do the very same quick forward arrow then jump and landed on the plateau for the book page. I tried it so many times, but this worked! I ran up the stone, with run and jump, but I always went over it. Applauds for those who made it without going over...! I seemed to land on those puffer plants a jillion times...I can't imagine why they are still growing after I landed on them! Good luck, you'll get it. Just relax, and it will work! dianag (Let me know, if this works for you!)

louisa_dora
02-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Can someone explain to me where that page is because I did not see any page at all in Eder Kemo. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

AussieMystic
02-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Go to the tunnel that leads to the pond with the stepping stones. On the garden side of the tunnel, climb up on top of it to where there is a DRC journal. Turn round and look back along the path. At the first path constriction, there is a ledge on the right hand side with the page on it.

Belboz99
02-25-2004, 05:08 AM
Are you guys talking about the same rock I think your talking about?

hey, I've been on that rock 3 times now. I ran and jumped and still missed the bluff by a good 2 to 3 feet.

You guys do mean the rock on the tunnel side, correct?

jodni
02-25-2004, 05:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wink32:
... Have found all Relto pages (I think) except the one in Eder Kemo that sits on a ledge. Requires agile run/jump to get there. Have tried hundreds of time and have now given up ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi, A picture walkthrough by HG1973
http://unrealhell.homestead.com/files/robavatar.jpg :
Topic (Warning SPOILER inside): Eder Kemo Jumping for relto page (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=9801054&m=896109261&r=760103361#760103361)

Jodni

http://mystworlds.ubi.com/NR/rdonlyres/e2dwekqnqxthmn6naxuyfejvpcodjqs7anpkp6yvouitioleq4 nglabtwehirxr33y5ylqlnnlfigfz4h4h7ij4nfpd/borderhood.gif

Heuris
02-25-2004, 05:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Belboz99:
Are you guys talking about the same rock I think your talking about?

hey, I've been on that rock 3 times now. I ran and jumped and still missed the bluff by a good 2 to 3 feet.

You guys do mean the rock on the tunnel side, correct?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the rock on the tunnel side. I find it easier to use third person view and back up as far as possible without falling off, and then switching to first person to make the jump. The jump needs to happen immediately after beginning to run. It's a little easier with the Caps Lock on so you only have to hit one button to run instead of two when trying to do a quick jump.

Belboz99
02-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Thanks, I finnaly got it about a half hour after I posted that.

My problem was that I didn't hold the forward arrow key down while I was jupming, I was just pressing it briefly.

Takes qutite a bit of coordination to get to that ledge! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ylaur
02-26-2004, 04:58 PM
After thinking I had to jump in the "onions" and timing them with a stop watch I finally figured out I had to jump and got the page. But I didn't use the rock at all.

I jumped onto (not into) the shorter plant near the front and then onto the larger plant to the right, and onto the ledge. Anybody else do it this way?