PDA

View Full Version : No link from Nexus to Aeg'ura / ferry terminal

Yol.
12-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Since the last update the link from Nexus to ferry terminal vanished - at least for me. But I have heard that this is a common problem for all german explorers. What can we do to get the link back? I have already posted this in the german forum but although every german explorer seems to experience this problem no one knows advice.

Does anyone know how to resolve this obstacle?

Yol.
12-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Since the last update the link from Nexus to ferry terminal vanished - at least for me. But I have heard that this is a common problem for all german explorers. What can we do to get the link back? I have already posted this in the german forum but although every german explorer seems to experience this problem no one knows advice.

Does anyone know how to resolve this obstacle?

Caliandris
12-06-2003, 02:34 AM
Hi Yol,
I certainly met a number of German explorers who were experiencing this problem in the neighbourhoods yesterday and the night before. It does only seem to affect people using the German language version of Uru...I do not know of any solution thus far.

It is probably of no comfort to you to know that although I have a Ferry terminal link in my nexus, it appears not to work - I logged in numerous times last night and this morning and I get a auth response failure every time I try to use the Ae'gura Ferry Terminal link.

I managed to get to the Guild of Greeters neighbourhood, but there was only one person in there who wasn't answering my calls - and none of the buddies apparently online were either. I like to think that at least one would have responded if able, which makes me think I may have a problem with my KI as well.

Oh - and my avatar is raiding the closet when I am not looking and she seems to have the most terrible taste in clothes.

I am sure that the CCRs are right when they say that everyone is working hard to sort these problems out...until then probably agreeing to meet in one of the neighbourhoods would be best.

Hope your links are restored as quickly as possible.
Caliandris
(Taliametris in game - not a greeter but always willing to help.)

Yol.
12-06-2003, 02:49 AM
Hi Caliandris,

thank you for your nice answer. It is always a major help if you get the feeling that your are not alone with your problems - and it is even more probably then that the support takes care of this problem: as I also hope: as soon as possible.

jfchandler
12-06-2003, 07:24 AM
It has to do with your love of David Hasselhoff. It's punishment for the Knight Rider Posters in your Reltos.

hee hee

JFC

'I'm in an URU state of mind'

maztec
12-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Yol. Make sure you make an in-game bug report of this.

Not sure why this would be only affecting the german version. The latest 6.1MB update seems to have fixed all linking issues for me, although getting into the Ferry Terminal took MUCH longer than normal.

Yol.
12-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Now I got the 6.1MB update too, but it won't help me to get in the city. No link Nexus - Ferry Terminal. Here (http://forumsbb.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Uru_Allgemein&id=zztrz) is a german thread about the problem. Vaira (look there) already contacted the CCR Team. But they only answered that we have to try to install the game in english to see if it works then. They contacted Cyan, but they're still silent.

I've got the impression that we german explorers have to wait for a special update regarding our link problem. What a pity. But on the other hand I can understand the developers difficulties to get rid of such bugs.

Yol.
12-06-2003, 12:03 PM
In the meantime the link works also for me now! Great! Question is - how did they resolve the bug?

Guiun_
12-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Yol, check this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=5351071&m=26710081) post from Victor Laxman. It's on the DRC forums.

No technical info on how it was fixed, but an entertaining entry.

Yol.
12-06-2003, 03:47 PM
"I was able to reenable"? Whatever that means in detail, thats kind of funny. Thank you for the link. I guess some servers entries didn't work properly before?