PDA

View Full Version : incorrect numbers for firedome

jim.holder
02-12-2004, 08:02 AM
having at last completed all tasks necessary to access link books through firedomes I see that my sequence of numbers from Gehns Journal is incorrect viz:- 5, 11, 12, 24, 23 (double checked by revisiting Gehns Lab several times. I've tried these numbers in numeric order on the slider of a couple of firedomes, I've tried near miss alternatives. Why are my nos. out of sewuence? I can't possibly go through the whole rigmarole again just to get a new set of numbers. Having come so far, is it me, the software or the fact that it's Thursday? Any workaround gratefully received.

jim.holder
02-12-2004, 08:02 AM
having at last completed all tasks necessary to access link books through firedomes I see that my sequence of numbers from Gehns Journal is incorrect viz:- 5, 11, 12, 24, 23 (double checked by revisiting Gehns Lab several times. I've tried these numbers in numeric order on the slider of a couple of firedomes, I've tried near miss alternatives. Why are my nos. out of sewuence? I can't possibly go through the whole rigmarole again just to get a new set of numbers. Having come so far, is it me, the software or the fact that it's Thursday? Any workaround gratefully received.

pondjumper100
02-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Try sliding the bar with the highest number first and work your way down to the lowest number. Hope this helps.

wstrohm
02-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Are you sure you are translating the 23, 24 symbols correctly? I've played Riven quite a few times and have never seen the numbers displayed in any other than increasing order.

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to SUFFERING! - Yoda

jim.holder
02-13-2004, 03:58 AM
I'm trying to find the paperclip icon so I can attach the image.

Homer6
02-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Are you sure you translated from D'ni to decimal correctly? First ten are given in school, 11 to 25 you must discover. Make sure you have correctly worked out 11 to 25 and compare again the symbols in the lab journal. Plus, you may not have counted the marks on the slider correctly. Enter the highest number first and work you way down to the lowest.

Remember the important things.....as you turn on your computer. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jim.holder
02-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks to evertyone. Consider this topic closed. here comes the confession. I took a screen dump of Gehns journal at the appropriate page. The colour pritout suffered a coffee ring corruption which turned a 21 into a 24. I feel awful. Anyway I finally saved the universe deatroyed riven and vanished into the star fissure. Superb game.

See you in Exile.

PrincessXenobia
02-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Woo hoo, Jim! Don't feel bad -- stranger things have ahppened http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif