PDA

View Full Version : Which Version?

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 06:45 AM
Well, I just played through the demo and it's amazing..

I'm curious as to which version (XBOX, GameCube, PS2, PC) is supposed to be the best as far as graphics. I understand the PS2 version is out now, but historically PS2 versions of games don't look quite as good as the XBOX/GameCube versions.

Anyone heard anything?

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 06:45 AM
Well, I just played through the demo and it's amazing..

I'm curious as to which version (XBOX, GameCube, PS2, PC) is supposed to be the best as far as graphics. I understand the PS2 version is out now, but historically PS2 versions of games don't look quite as good as the XBOX/GameCube versions.

Anyone heard anything?

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 09:56 PM
just remember, dont put graphics over gameplay.

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 03:01 PM
The info I can find says that each version is optimised for each console. So the Gamecube and XBox versions have more detailed graphics.
But they may not run any more smoothly though the game content is identical.

The only piece of info that I cannot find is whether the Gamecube version runs in progressive scan.
The IGN review states that is doesn't but I find that hard to believe when the Playstation 2 version is definitely able to run in progressive scan.

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Seems a strange question.

Assuming you have an adequate PC, it will always have better graphics and run smoother than a console.

Of course, if you can't afford a decent PC, the current gen consoles are getting pretty old now, so they are really cheap (I saw one advertised for under a hundred quid the other day!).

Of course, graphics aren't everything, and although you would imagine the gameplay would be the same in all versions, I would think the control options would actually effect the gameplay. Admittedly, I know as much as I want to about consoles (very little) but I know you can get control pads for PC's, but I don't know if you can get/use keyboards and mice for consoles with this game.

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2003, 09:06 PM
As far as i can think of it, the PC version 'allows' the best graphics and highest framerate. At second place i would put the XboX to gain the highest framerate at Console level. And third place would be for the Gamecube.
But the console games likely run at a locked framerate around 30fps, maybe 60 or 50 (ntsc/pal) I think there's little differance between these two Consoles.

As for gameplay, at console level, this will most likely be the same idea.

On the PC version u can use your mouse to look around, which makes it somewhat more easy to play. I'd rather prefer to play this game with a gamepad like the console versions. It won't need the precision a mouse has to offer at all!. In my opinion it's a shame the PC version has no Gamepad control at this state. I like to play a lot of PC games on an external TV with a Gamepad. Many games lack these abilities. Even if they are released on Console also, the developers (or the ones that make the ported versions) just rip out al of these controls!
I aint gonna sit on a couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse just to play this game. It's a very bad habit of those developers. PC's are mouse and keyboard only, and that's it bla bla... Where did I buy those Thrustmaster Rumblepads for... for god's sake?! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Well, Let's hope they put it in after all, like Rayman 3, I enjoyed that game all the way playin' it on my TV with my Thrustmaster Pad! It even had force feedback well implemented.

Message Edited on 11/17/03 08:08PM by BruTaLysT

Message Edited on 11/17/0308:10PM by BruTaLysT