PDA

View Full Version : If I like BeyondGood+Evil, what else will I like?

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I am relativley new to gaming (despite being 30 years old!)
- I LOVE Beyond Good And Evil!

Can anyone tell me some other games that I might like,based on the fact that I like this one?
...they don't necessarily have to too similar, but I definatley like this style of game-play - a good mix of puzzles, action, adventure, stealth etc.

Any ideas would be gratefuly recieved.

Cheers!

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I am relativley new to gaming (despite being 30 years old!)
- I LOVE Beyond Good And Evil!

Can anyone tell me some other games that I might like,based on the fact that I like this one?
...they don't necessarily have to too similar, but I definatley like this style of game-play - a good mix of puzzles, action, adventure, stealth etc.

Any ideas would be gratefuly recieved.

Cheers!

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 03:18 PM
I feel that ANACHRONOX is similair to BG&E in terms of humor, characters and story. Don't get me wrong, it's a diffrent experience, and Anachronox is an RPG, but I feel both games are pretty similiar. You might like the Rayman series if you enjoyed the platform parts of the game.

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 03:31 PM
yeah i know a game called LBA Little Big Adventurehttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif way old but i got the same feeling with this game, weird boats and animals and puzzles..

XyZspineZyX
12-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Many thanks to Orillion 20 and Stuckhome for the suggestions.

Are those games both PC games?
I forgot to mention that I was talking about PS2 games.
...but I'm up for trying anything!

XyZspineZyX
12-06-2003, 11:29 PM
I think you might want to try Prince of Persia : Sands of Time. I think they even used the same engnie for BG&E.

XyZspineZyX
12-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Have you played Ico?

The puzzles are very similar in terms of moving your sidekick around...and you get to beat things with a stick. It's also gorgeous.

It's similar in that your primary motivation is to protect your supporting cast and move them through areas they are unable to navigate with you.

XyZspineZyX
12-07-2003, 01:15 AM
Try an old game called Outcast. You can get it pretty cheap now. Its a similair style of game (Even has the theme of trying to free a repressed people from a dictatorial government). The music is done by the Russian philharmonic orchestra and has to be the best music Ive ever heard in a game hands down!

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 01:43 AM
thanks for all your ideas.
I've just bought 'Ico' (only 20)

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 03:10 AM
clubsilencio wrote:
- thanks for all your ideas.
- I've just bought 'Ico' (only 20)

w00t thats a great price /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

thats about 28 bux here /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop3/thejackel21/Splinter_Cell_Sig.gif
Forum: http://thejackel21.proboards25.com/ </center>

</font> <font color=red>[I] <center><marquee> Positions: Consigliere for THE FAMILY,Jedi/Sith Hitman For Jedi Mafia,Major of Ground Infantry in Smokky's Marine Corps & Member of SC9's Elite Force. Forum Ranks: Forum Monkey,Board Crazy Bot,What Brain?,King of the Forum,3rd Echelon Operative,Elite Ops,Bad Apple,Cataclysm Child,New Member,Advanced Member,Over 8000 Postings,110 Posts On URU/Mx0/D'ni Forums,Admin,Veteran & Hustler.
Gangsta Coalition Members: Street Hoodlums:Cpt-TRAmbrose,Lt-Silentcell_03,********er-SWWTHXII01 Makaveli Gang:Cpt-Dcell,Lt-Dmaskiew89 East Coast Riders:Cpt-Halo_99,Lt-Da_shoota West Coast Riders:Cpt-Nebucadnezar,Lt-SEANYBOYT,********er-NJCL Special Ops:Expert Assassin-PsYcHoTiC_ZeTh,The Smuggler-G-4ce,The Man of Many Disguises-Winsk,Loan Shark-Bergeyman,Corrupt DEA Agent-Alien_Slayer,Corrupt FBI Agent-Aj6627 all packing Dual MP5Navys,Desert Eagles,Glocks,Berettas,AK47s & Strikers </marquee> Don Of Gangsta Coalition PM To Join </center></font>

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 01:54 AM
well..if u have a gamecube get zelda the windwaker....but ur 30 and might not like it...its fun though!hehe