PDA

View Full Version : I never see any players on ubi, what is wrong?

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Whenever I click on Play on ubi.com shortcut I get the updating stuff then I click on play now and it takes me to the lobby and there is no one playing. This has happened every time I go to ubi. Last time was a friday evening. Does no one play on ubi or am I doing something wrong? I have gr with 1.4 and desert siege only (no IT).

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Whenever I click on Play on ubi.com shortcut I get the updating stuff then I click on play now and it takes me to the lobby and there is no one playing. This has happened every time I go to ubi. Last time was a friday evening. Does no one play on ubi or am I doing something wrong? I have gr with 1.4 and desert siege only (no IT).

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Please overlook the following if you are already familiar with what I list.

When you get to the "multiplayer lobby" screen you are given these choices:

Retail Lobby

Ghost Recon 1 514

GR Desert Siege 1 28

GR Island Thunder 1 45

GR Ladder / Tournament 4

You have to click on one of these and it will take you to a lobby where a list of games is listed along with a player list. Since you have only DS patched to 1.4 you can only enter games that are running DS listed as "mp1" under the mods column and running the 1.4 patch. You can not enter games running IT, listed as mp2 in the mods column. If any additional mods are listed, you must have these to enter that particular game. If you get to this screen and it still shows no players, check that you have not somehow turned off all games by incorrect use of the filter option. It is next to the "create game" button at the top of this page.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 04:31 PM
wombat50 wrote:
- Please overlook the following if you are already
- familiar with what I list.
-
- When you get to the "multiplayer lobby" screen you
- are given these choices:
-
- Retail Lobby
-
- ______________
-
-
-
- Ghost Recon 1 514
-
-
-
- GR Desert Siege 1 28
-
-
-
- GR Island Thunder 1 45
-
-
-
- GR Ladder / Tournament 4
-
-
-
- You have to click on one of these and it will take
- you to a lobby where a list of games is listed along
- with a player list. Since you have only DS patched
- to 1.4 you can only enter games that are running DS
- listed as "mp1" under the mods column and running
- the 1.4 patch. You can not enter games running IT,
- listed as mp2 in the mods column. If any additional
- mods are listed, you must have these to enter that
- particular game. If you get to this screen and it
- still shows no players, check that you have not
- somehow turned off all games by incorrect use of the
- filter option. It is next to the "create game"
- button at the top of this page.
-
-
-
-Hmm, I am not given these choices. I will have to try and get a screen shot to show what I am given. I wonder if I have to uninstall/reinstall the ubi.com?
-
-

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:21 PM
To formerFO,

Your not clicking "play it on UBI" in the ----> start game and on the first splash screen click multiplayer and you see the tabs lan/internet are you? It doesn't work if that's what you are doing and just so I don't have to reply again if that's not the problem below may help you.

It maybe the UBI Game Service .exe so follow the uninstall but only do the UBI.com related files and folders then follow the install for UBI Game Service .exe. Turn of your antivirus software when installing the Service.exe.

<font color="#00FF00">GR Uninstall</font>

First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.

<font color="#00FF00">UBI Game Service .exe</font>

Try this:
JJ_from_support wrote:
1. First, try uninstalling the Game Service from the add/remove programs icon in your control panel. Once that's done, download the set-up file from http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/packages/GameService.exe and reinstall the new version of the game service. If this doesn't work go to # 2.
2.Create an incident with us here and I'll send you a file that will remove all of the registry entries for the game service, and you'll be able to reinstall it. Please make sure that you change the category to "Ubi.com Game Service," or it will take me forever to find it.
Create an incident email link for UBI:
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=WYOBRxBg&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9OTMxJ nBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

font color="#00FF00">Start and Join UBI</font>

Ok buddy click start/all programs/UBI .com/play online You will get a small window pop up and if you don't have an account click account or just type your name and password in the right spot and click login. Your will be confronted with a splash screen that is an Auto update patcher and just let this run it's course to install the Ubi software.

When that has finished you will be returned to the same small window and now click login. The ubi lobby and friends list will load and when that happens find the Ghost Recon GAME and click the word play now. Another screen will load and look for the GR Island Thunder UNDER THE retail heading.

Now you will see the players list and room names. To join a game double click a game name in the top left of the screen witch is above the chat screen. A splash screen will pop up and load the game now two thing will happen here. If the host of the game isn't in playing a game but is waiting for players to join there will be a holding area where your still able to chat with the players waiting to join.

When the host starts the game you will see a 25 second count down and then you will join his set-up screen. The other possibility is that the game is already up and running and you will be placed in the multiplayer waiting room. You will see the list of gamers playing and if there is any gamers in the waiting list. You will also see the game type and the settings and the message of the day if there is one. Or you maybe lucky enough to get in the set-up room ready to choose your weapon and join a team.

<font color="#00FF00">Ghost Recon .exe</font>

Start/ all programs/UBI.com/ play online/ click login/

Under available games on the Ghost Recon click "Play Now" Under the heading "Multiplayer Lobbies" / "Retail" click Ghost Recon 1.

On the top right click "Options/ Lobby Settings/ Ghost Recon tab

Click Detect/ Auto-Detect recommended/ place a tick in the drive where GR is installed on your computer/ click start/ ok

<font color="#00FF00">Direct IP Set-up</font>

1-Start the game while online and click the MULTIPLAYER tab and then click the INTERNET tab up the top left of your screen. Down the bottom left you will see this 000.000.000.000:0000 so just backspace these zero's and add your friends IP address in there and click the ADD tab if it's a fixed IP and it will then be displayed in the SERVER NAME listings.

If it's a dialup then just type the IP address and click JOIN GAME.

2-If your going to be host then start the game click MULTIPLAYER tab and up the top left click the CREATE GAME tab. You will be in the MULTIPLAYER SCREEN and down the bottom in yellow writing will be your IP address so you must send that to all players you want to join your game. They then inturn follow the above in step one.

To really enjoy the full online experience you will need GR/DS/IT CD's as if you don't have all three games it will be a bit harder to find games.

GR= 15 MISSIONS FULL VERSION
DS= 8 MISSIONS EXPANSION PACK
IT= 8 MISSIONS EXPANSION PACK

Install in this order GR/DS/IT and if you have the Gold Edition Pack I believe you are then patched to V1.4. To check this start the game and on the first GR screen down the bottom right you will see the version number.

If you need any GR Version patches here is the link:

Patch v1.4 http://www.ghostrecon.com/patch.php

<CENTER>http://www.hostmysig.com/data/snipe21/167178.php <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#33FFFF">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:33 PM
snipe21 wrote:
- To formerFO,
-
- Your not clicking "play it on UBI" in the ---->
- start game and on the first splash screen click
- multiplayer and you see the tabs lan/internet are
- you? It doesn't work if that's what you are doing
- and just so I don't have to reply again if that's
- not the problem below may help you.
-
- It maybe the UBI Game Service .exe so follow the
- uninstall but only do the UBI.com related files and
- folders then follow the install for UBI Game Service
- .exe. Turn of your antivirus software when
- installing the Service.exe.
-
No, I am clicking on the play it on ubi.com shortcut icon by installing the ubi.com game service. I have this game installed on two hard drives so it may be confused. I am going to uninstall one of them and the ubi game service on the one I am keeping, then reinstall it. Thanks snipe, and congrats btw. In my short time here I can see why they made you a mod. You are extremely helpful and ever patient even with flametards./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif