PDA

View Full Version : Multi-player Realtime Chat

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 05:20 AM
It's the holiday season and I'm trying to figure out a good gift for my budies and I to get. I'm thinking that a headset and software for realtime chat while playing R6 is a good idea...

Hardware is easy, there's a ton of options. I don't know where to start with the software end. Any suggestions? I know teamspeak is out there, and free... but nobody knows how to set it up. Is there a service or app that isn't too expensive that we can buy and hook up without too much effort?

Thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 05:20 AM
It's the holiday season and I'm trying to figure out a good gift for my budies and I to get. I'm thinking that a headset and software for realtime chat while playing R6 is a good idea...

Hardware is easy, there's a ton of options. I don't know where to start with the software end. Any suggestions? I know teamspeak is out there, and free... but nobody knows how to set it up. Is there a service or app that isn't too expensive that we can buy and hook up without too much effort?

Thanks in advance.

XyZspineZyX
12-07-2003, 07:03 PM
to get teamspeak just download it from www.teamspeak.org (http://www.teamspeak.org) . it's free, and easy to use. once you've got it just set it up and select a button you want to hold down to speak to others.

p.s. why isn't this in the tech support forum?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________
Suicide bombing is not the kind of "end up high and go out with a bang" that you would expect it to be.

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 05:32 PM
teamspeak suxxors http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif hehe
get ventrillo free easy

"And then i was dodging bullets like raindrops"

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Dude u gotta get VENTRILLO.......... Its the only real free great no probs easy set up DUPLEX real time speak. We use it all the time on BF/ 1942 Desert Combat- clan matches, training, pratice ect..... Its got to be the best for not messing w/ your game play. Some play havoc w/ your keys but not VENTRILLO. Go go go ur covered

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 04:02 AM
Everything I read about Ventrillo looks like I'd need to set up a server and host it, or rent server time from someone. That's no good for me - not the hosting type. I just want something with minimal setup time, no config files, and no loss of game control. Is that out there for free? Is rogerwilco a decent solution?

Anyone using roger wilco and like it? dislike it? Is there an alternative that doesn't require me to set up a server to host it?

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 04:15 PM
RW is no good its never clear you can hardly understnad them and it has some security issues game spy refuses to fix...BTW game spy arcade has the same problem and they wont fix it, I no longer use GS all seeing eye seems to be much better.

XyZspineZyX
12-22-2003, 06:12 PM
A teammate and I use Ventrilo. I rent a server for $6 a month. It works flawlessly. I have used Gamevoice, teamspeak, rogerwilco but Ventrilo has the best sound out of all of them.