PDA

View Full Version : Ameteria - The Sound Rings!

RosieH101
02-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Can anyone please help me complete this puzzle.
I have read all available previous advice on this bit and cannot for the life of me do it.

I think I have found the right order but cannot get any results. Have altered the dials accordingly, walked the track everything.

Please advise me what I am doing wrong!!

Rosie x

RosieH101
02-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Can anyone please help me complete this puzzle.
I have read all available previous advice on this bit and cannot for the life of me do it.

I think I have found the right order but cannot get any results. Have altered the dials accordingly, walked the track everything.

Please advise me what I am doing wrong!!

Rosie x

PrincessXenobia
02-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Have you completed any of the other puzzles in Amateria? If so, you may have realized that your goal in each puzzle is to get the ball from the beginning to the end in one piece (or maybe you realized that anyway http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif). It helped me a lot to watch the blue lights -- the ones on the tall poles by the tracks.

BobF
02-15-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm going to give you a partial spoiler so the comments will be set lower. Don't want any spoiler stuff don't go lower.
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

And lower
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

And lower
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

There are five loops - 1,2,3,4,5 - and that is all. Where the crystal comes down the ramp from the pagoda would be 1. Where the crystal goes away from the loops would be 5. Now you only have three to figure out. That should be fairly simple.

I hope this helps.

AussieMystic
02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
MORE SPOILING:

First, the control panel. When you pull the lever you will note that a marble comes out and rolls through the gears, pressing five buttons in turn.

If you look at the rings while the ball is rolling around, you will note that one of the blue lights on top of the various rings turns off briefly each time the marble presses a button.

What you need to do is make sure the blue light turns off as the large ice ball rolls through each ring.

There are dials on the side of each ring. Each dial determines which button on the control panel will switch off that ring as the marble passes over it.

You can try walking the track and setting all the knobs. However, a longer but clearer way is to do it a little at a time. You know the ball rolls through the middle ring (third from left) first, so you need the first button to switch off the first ring. Get onto the track and set the dial on the side of the first ring to the first position. Go back to the control panel and pull the lever. The ice ball should now make it through the first ring. Note which ring it goes to next, and set the dial of that ring on the second position...and so on.

RosieH101
02-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Thankyou for some excellent advice!

Especially Bob F and Aussie mystic. You speak my language!

Thank you princess for not trying to spoil it for me but
after I have spent hours trying all the obvious things,
direct and to the point is a light relief.

Will give her a go!

PrincessXenobia
02-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Good luck http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif!