PDA

View Full Version : Why worry about T3, there already is a storyline inconsitancy in the first two

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:07 PM
I rented the DVDs for both Terminator 1 and Terminator 2(unfortunitely not the "Extreme Edition") this Wednesday, I got a deeper understanding of the storyline than I did the last time I watched them when I was about 10 years old.

Cyberdyne Systems, the company developing what became SkyNet, they found that technology from the terminator(which came from the future) that got smashed at that factory in the first one. John Connor is the son of Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese(who came from the future). If the future of Judgement Day and John Connor's birth and rise as a military leader was caused by both the Terminator and Kyle Reese coming from the future, then what caused the future they came from?

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 08:07 PM
I rented the DVDs for both Terminator 1 and Terminator 2(unfortunitely not the "Extreme Edition") this Wednesday, I got a deeper understanding of the storyline than I did the last time I watched them when I was about 10 years old.

Cyberdyne Systems, the company developing what became SkyNet, they found that technology from the terminator(which came from the future) that got smashed at that factory in the first one. John Connor is the son of Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese(who came from the future). If the future of Judgement Day and John Connor's birth and rise as a military leader was caused by both the Terminator and Kyle Reese coming from the future, then what caused the future they came from?

XyZspineZyX
06-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Dude,
It is simple.

The system was created using the technology found from the terminator when he went back in time, so he would be created in the future so he could go back in time, so he would.....*** Head Explodes ***

"Brave Rifles!"

- Matt
"The spirit of the Cav is reason enough to fight!"

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 03:44 AM
That's not exactly an inconsitancy (sp). It's called a time paradox. And if there is a sci-fi show in existance, it has a theory about time, time travel, and time paradoxes. Makes for some interesting reading if you start getting into the theories on it.

Now, the question is, what allowed Cyberdyne to continue after they blew the place up, if anything. I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of money they address it at some point in the third movie.

However, don't spoil it for me - I won't be one of those seeing the film on opening weekend. Or week for that matter. Or maybe even a couple of weeks. I think it's going to be *that* bad. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<TABLE ALIGN=LEFT BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=5 CELLSPACING=5 RULES=NONE COLS=2 WIDTH=80%>
<TR><TD>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jakal30/nightsig.gif </TD>
<TD><font color=white size=-2>"...the Goddess could not spend all Her time persuading the
Kings and Queens of the world of the idiocy of war. Therefore
She invented tacticians..." - Diane Duane</font></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 05:30 AM
since the machines failed to get john Conner and his MOMMY, why not just go back in time and get Grandpa jed while he is out plowing the feild with ol' bessie (his horse)

huh??? why not?

<Center>
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif This is why I use AMD /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
http://www3.telus.net/robert/idiot2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 10:16 AM
That sure would have been a lot easier.
But the movie would have been pretty boring:
Terminator finds the farm, kills Grandpa Jed. That's it.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Ah, you think you know so much. Let's mention some more inconsistancies!

In the first one, Kyle tells Sarah the quote of "the future is not set, there is no such thing as Fate, but what we make for ourselves" which was given to Reese by John in the future. In Terminator 2, Sarah cuts "No fate" into the table, and John "recalls" the quote of "The Future's not set, there's no fate but what we make for ourselves." Well, you see that the quote is not only wrong, but John says that he learned that quote from his mother to pass to Reese in the future. Now, Sarah learned the "quote" from Reese, you see the loop here?

Also, if you watch the first Terminator, you'd notice that the T800 actually would fall and be disabled from small arms fire, specifically shot gun blasts. In the first scene where all three of them were in the same location, in the bar, Reese shoots the Terminator with a shotgun which causes him to loose his aim on Sarah, and then fall to the ground, in which he stays down for a moment and then returns to his feet. Of course the first coming together scene in T2 was in the mall in the hallway, and the T1000 falling from Arnold's shotgun blasts was supposed to resemble that scene from the first. Anyway, if you notice, small arms fire does not really affect Arnold whatsoever in T2, even when fired upon by an entire fire team of LAPD SWAT.

But hey, Terminator 2 is definitely a more refined movie, and throughout the movie it is more consistant and more believable than the first one, and that's what makes Terminator 2 so great of a movie for me. The first Terminator was awesome too, but T2 is my personal favorite. I guess movies will have their little flaws, but come on, comparing the little flaws of T1 and T2 to T3, is ridiculous.

Consider this, the nuclear war that is the premise of the first two movies, was supposed to occur August 29, 1997. Hm, that already passed... That's just the BEGINNING of all the mistakes in the up coming film, but that alone kind of sums up the fact that this movie cannot really be happening in the same universe as the first two Terminators.

Oh well, I'm going to watch it anyway, should be good action.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--Capt. Carter: "You think it might be a booby trap?"
Teal'c: "Booby?"
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"
--"War is not about who's right, it's about who's left." -Anders Russell

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 06:16 AM
Who cares. The storytelling was supurb and they were highly entertaining with an excellent cast. I doubt we can expect the depth and interest of characters and a simple but effective storyline from what will ultimatly be as bad as Alien3, terminator 3.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~nkirv/ASHcom%205%20alone3%20copy.jpg

Shut up when you talk to me.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Demon_Mustang wrote:
- In the first one, Kyle tells Sarah the quote of "the
- future is not set, there is no such thing as Fate,
- but what we make for ourselves" which was given to
- Reese by John in the future. In Terminator 2, Sarah
- cuts "No fate" into the table, and John "recalls"
- the quote of "The Future's not set, there's no fate
- but what we make for ourselves." Well, you see that
- the quote is not only wrong, but John says that he
- learned that quote from his mother to pass to Reese
- in the future. Now, Sarah learned the "quote" from
- Reese, you see the loop here?
-

Actually, I think it is clever, not an inconsistancy. Telling Sarah to tell the future leader what to tell him so the mission can work. Kinda cool, and head spinning.

-
- But hey, Terminator 2 is definitely a more refined
- movie, and throughout the movie it is more
- consistant and more believable than the first one,
- and that's what makes Terminator 2 so great of a
- movie for me. The first Terminator was awesome too,
- but T2 is my personal favorite. I guess movies will
- have their little flaws, but come on, comparing the
- little flaws of T1 and T2 to T3, is ridiculous.
-

- Consider this, the nuclear war that is the premise
- of the first two movies, was supposed to occur
- August 29, 1997. Hm, that already passed...

Thanks to John. LOL. That works, as they covered it by saying it was a) one of many possible futures and b)winning over the bad guys in T2.

- that alone kind of sums up the fact
- that this movie cannot really be happening in the
- same universe as the first two Terminators.

Yup. Sigh. Suckorama coming right up.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 06:44 AM
Actually ASH, James Cameron himself admitted that the quote deal was kind of cheating and was a loop that was kind of silly, but I really don't care, T2 is my favorite movie of all time, hands down, haven't been beat in 12 years, don't think it ever will be. Unless James Cameron comes up with another action masterpiece.

<hr>
--"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." -Col. Jack O'Neill -Stargate SG-1
--"I'm a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to catch up" -in Russian on a bomb tech's shirt from "The Sum of All Fears"
--"All my life, I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's a fish!" -Tom Hanks "Splash"

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 07:11 AM
With True Lies 2 in the works, that might happen. Although My fav is his beautifully perfect Aliens.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Yes, I've heard about True Lies 2, I loved the first one, but the proposed story of the second one seems kind of... I don't know, iffy... I guess we'll see soon enough...

<hr>

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 10:27 PM
eltermo wrote:
- That sure would have been a lot easier.
- But the movie would have been pretty boring:
- Terminator finds the farm, kills Grandpa Jed. That's
- it.

Not unless Granpa Jed was a badass space marine from the future packing a, "Phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range." :P

"There are no compacts between lions and men, and wolves and lambs have no concord."

-Homer