PDA

View Full Version : Importing game progress - Teledahn looking for T-shirt

maryc64
01-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I looked for a thread on this. Moderator, if you can find the thread, move this post or delete it and email me.
I can't believe I am asking this question as I have progressed so well in the online game and this is a "backwards" question.
When I open my books, I only see one or two pages. Wondering if I imported my single player version correctly. Had to re-install but have save folder.
Should all journey cloth points be reflected by pages in the books as I got them all in the single version game.
If I need it, how do I go about finding the import game progress spot again?
Just need many little steps to correct this, if there really is a problem.
I want the game progress as I heard the t-shirt was in Teledahn but can't access all areas which I completed in single cd player version to search for it.
If this post makes no sense, would someone clarify my issues?

maryc64
01-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I looked for a thread on this. Moderator, if you can find the thread, move this post or delete it and email me.
I can't believe I am asking this question as I have progressed so well in the online game and this is a "backwards" question.
When I open my books, I only see one or two pages. Wondering if I imported my single player version correctly. Had to re-install but have save folder.
Should all journey cloth points be reflected by pages in the books as I got them all in the single version game.
If I need it, how do I go about finding the import game progress spot again?
Just need many little steps to correct this, if there really is a problem.
I want the game progress as I heard the t-shirt was in Teledahn but can't access all areas which I completed in single cd player version to search for it.
If this post makes no sense, would someone clarify my issues?

Heimdall_G
01-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Check to make sure your single-player (off-line) game progress is still as you believe it should be. Log in on-line and click on Delete Player, then create your player again, and import your off-line player. Be aware that you'll lose any on-line progress you've made when you do this.

In Live as -- Heimdall
KI 89512
Latest Uru updates here (http://www.cyanworlds.com/status.htm)

bmedendorp
01-15-2004, 02:03 AM
Mary,

Not all journey cloths have their own page in an age's book. Remember that you can only link to the last journey cloth that you touched in an age. As a result, most of the linking books on your shelf in Relto should only have two or three pages.

maryc64
01-15-2004, 11:41 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifYou know what I did? There were two duplicate folders in Save. One had three items, the other a bunch. I moved the small one to desktop...and moved the other one out of its folder to the other spot where the first folder was and voila...single player game had all progress.
I had, obviously, not deleted the new save area folder after my big re-install of OS and all progams. The folder starts with the number 6 and replaced it with the real/old folder...I had put the old save folder in the wrong place! It was there all the time!

It would be nice, if instead of just one huge tech. forum, we had sections there...One are would be for just for reinstalling, moving, buying new computer, etc. One for stack errors,e tc.
Or to have questions about re-installs under FAQ's!

I discovered that to get to the online game again, one has to just hit all update places they can find. After a reinstall of game, Uru live is inaccessible so updating works!

All Uru related forums are so huge and the task of doing searches is daunting. So one posts what has probably been posted and answered before!

How to pull out Save folder and re-insert after re-install is also a suggestion for FAQ's.
I
wonder if one can share "game saves" in this fashion. I know that's not a desirable thing, but sometimes, some of us can't complete puzzles. Me, I can't do sliders!

Now I am being presumptuous suggesting such, as who am I to be doing so? I've only been on the net about 2 1/2 years, and gaming 2 years. But then again, comments from a beginners point of view can be of value.

People complain about Uru. I try to never post something that sounds like a complaint. I figure having access to such technology and awesome help like you is important to the quality of my life as I have a disability, that is often accompanied by depression. Geeesh! It's wonderful.

Will keep Uru installed as suggested by the many emails I rec'd. this morning!

I thank you again! I especially thank you for your patience.
Mary

Heimdall_G
01-15-2004, 12:35 PM
maryc,

There is a thread for stack errors. See 'Report Here: "Exception Type:" Errors that ask you to "Copy and Paste"', the second starred topic at the top of this Forum. Six pages, and counting!

Yes, doing searches can be daunting, especially if a search returns a bunch of hits. The way to handle that is to do an Advanced Search, and use the options to narrow the search. Then, it's a matter of patiently looking through the hits to find what you need. Or not, as the case may be, and search again. Most folks don't do that, of course, since it's always easier just to immediately post a question or problem.

What anyone who first logs into this Forum should do is to read all of the starred/locked topics at the top of the Forum:

-- (NonTechnical) Uru FAQ collection: A Newcomer's Guide and Answer Sheet
-- Report Here: "Exception Type:" Errors that ask you to "Copy and Paste"
-- Connection - Firewall/Router, Errors (auth, updates)
-- Your City Lag Reports
-- Before posting Live issues Read this (This includes all connection issues)
-- README 1ST: Hardware/Software Tech Support Guide (v1.0.1)
-- Crashes - Crashes, Errors and Bugs
-- URU minimun requirements and Posting Guidlines
-- Video - Hardware, Problems, Troubleshooting
-- Sound - Hardware, Problems, Troubleshooting
-- Miscellaneous - Anything not covered by Crashes/Sound/Video/MinReq stickies

There's solution to almost any problem in these posts, but it's always easier....

There already are Forum sections for each class of problem (with some combined classes) - the starred/locked topics at the top of the Forum! These threads are updated as necessary by us Moderators, in an attempt to keep them as current as possible.

Setting up topic sections beyond that would require a large amount of Moderator time to initially set up an index, then classify and move topics to the appropriate section, and keep them on-topic on a continuing basis (something best not left to any poster, since notions of what's appropriate for a topic can vary widely). This might not be the best use of Moderator time. I will, however, bring up the idea with the other Moderators.

BTW, it doesn't matter whether you're a beginner or very experienced. Everyone's opinions are valued, and - believe it or not - taken into account.

In Live as -- Heimdall
KI 89512
Latest Uru updates here (http://www.cyanworlds.com/status.htm)

maryc64
01-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks!
You're right. And I do try to do a bit of homework each day in those threads!

LOW_Guppy
01-16-2004, 08:34 AM
I had a similar problem getting my online player to import my single player progress which I had transferred from another machine I was playing on. I tried recreating without success, then tried going into the single player game, which was fine, and tried recreating again, but ran into more issues (probably unrelated though). Well, I guess Mary isn't the only one having trouble loading the progress of a moved single player save. I suppose I'll be back if I still have problems after sorting out the other problems. Hooray!

maryc64
01-17-2004, 01:39 AM
Okay! I did import game as all my pages in linking book are green and all books are there and solved. Well I ran to Teledahn and messed up the slave cave puzzle.
Can I import my single game player game again to reset this rather than playing the entire age again? I know how to reset it to replay, but oh...so much work!

riversidealley
01-17-2004, 02:01 AM
..Well I ran to Teledahn and messed up the slave cave puzzle..

In what way did you mess up the puzzle? I found that it was repeatable.

Annis
KI# 02043967 on Atrus
KI# 00819381 on Katran

maryc64
01-17-2004, 03:06 AM
I solved the puzzle. Went outside and didn't touch the journey cloth up on side where one must climb crates. I lost connection while inside the room with the crates.
So I went back to the last journey cloth, the slave cave. And noted it is solved on the other side of the wooden gates. It shows 2 down 3 up 2 down. It should be 1st one up, 2nd one down, 3rd, 4th, 5th up, last two down.
Hmmm....
What will the people do that are completing the single cd game and are online but working on markers and not completing their online version of the game? How will they import their game progress if they aren't playing the single version online?
If I had the answer to that, maybe I could "refresh" my game that is online and correct the error.
I replayed it on the single cd version successfully, tagged the Journey Cloth up high, but this didn't transfer to the online single person game. Interesting!!!
In other words, the game thinks I am past these wooden gates, when I am not! I see the other gates are open. That's where I should be and was before game crashed! I hope I am clear as it is late and I have fuzzy brain!

riversidealley
01-17-2004, 03:24 AM
I think that if you re-arrange the weighted down plates to correspond to the new switch positions the gates will open again.

Earlier in the game you should have found a piece of paper that shows the numbers of the plates in the floor.

If you assign the numbers 1 to 7 to the switches in the far cave - left to right, then the switches that are down tell you which plates should be weighted down

Annis
KI# 02043967 on Atrus
KI# 00819381 on Katran

[This message was edited by riversidealley on Sat January 17 2004 at 02:40 AM.]

maryc64
01-17-2004, 01:07 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Hi...I realize all of the possible solutions... and thanks all. But again, I repeated and solved the puzzle again in the single player cd version. Online, I solved the plates, got past that point, touched the first switch, then it crashed. Now, I have replicated what I see, and also the original pattern. Nothing. The game thinks I am on the other side of the first set of wooden gates.

I may just replay the age, but wanted to avoid this!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gifNow, I see a big problem! There are people finishing the single game cd and are online playing. They aren't importing their game progress....I tested this. I solved this puzzle in the single player cd version one more time but it didn't import that progress nor change the online version...
One would think there is a way to "refresh" game progress.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gifAnother thing, for those doing it in single cd, what if they crash....they could have saved progress online!!! This would be especially useful for those who don't know how to pull out or save the save folder somewhere external, like on a cd or in an external mail box...

riversidealley
01-17-2004, 02:07 PM
I only tested my solution in the off-line game. It doesn't surprise me that there are problems on-line because (at the moment) Teledahn does seem to be full of bugs. I reckon we've just got to be patient and wait for the seamless connection between the on and off-line games.

Annis
KI# 02043967 on Atrus
KI# 00819381 on Katran

maryc64
01-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Interesting. I didn't know that these problems had been verified and that they were working on solutions! I think I'll replay it too if I ever get into the game. I am among the many who can't today! Hey thanks! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif