PDA

View Full Version : Are there still cheats w/ PB?

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 03:50 AM
Hello,

I don't go to cheat forums, but was curious. Is cheating still occurring now that punkbuster is here? I had initially noticed much less dominating players when PB came out.

It is a bit funny because a few of the names of dominating players I would see regularly immediately dissapeared after punkbuster came out. It was rare that I saw those 20 and 1 matches coming from players when PB started. A few of the names that used to dominate suddenly were average (and camping a lot more instead of charging around). Overall I think punkbuster has been awesome.

My question though is whether cheats still exist and are people starting to use them again. Over the last few days I've noticed a few players (like maybe 4) who I would have suspected of cheating prior to PB. Now that PB is out, maybe they were just on fire, but it seemed round after round they were way at the top dominating.

There were even three clan members who left after accusing this guy of cheating. I have to admit it was very strange. Hit accuracy was around 40 percent (which is very possible), but this guy was like 20 and 1 and the type of shooting he was doing was a lot of running and long distance shots. This is definitely a style of play (running while zoomed), but even doing that, it's hard to maintain even 20 percent. A lot of cases where he'd be running way across the map in streets, someone would see him and start shooting and he'd turn very quickly while running full force sideways and shoot them -- with uncanny accuracy. Time and time again.

I've seen players pull 20 and 1 games with 40 percent accuracy, but they usually play a very definite style of play: pinpoint shots, good spot picking, careful quick aim, and overall good strategy. This other guy was sloppy rambo style. It felt like i was playing against someone with rets that did not expand.

ah well, what do you think people?? I never accused the guy of cheating, but figured those of you who keep in tune with this kind of stuff may know more about what the cheating community is doing.

LL

p.s. feel free to post snide comments about me fishing for cheats hehe, it is expected and appreciated. Points will be awarded for creativity.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 03:50 AM
Hello,

I don't go to cheat forums, but was curious. Is cheating still occurring now that punkbuster is here? I had initially noticed much less dominating players when PB came out.

It is a bit funny because a few of the names of dominating players I would see regularly immediately dissapeared after punkbuster came out. It was rare that I saw those 20 and 1 matches coming from players when PB started. A few of the names that used to dominate suddenly were average (and camping a lot more instead of charging around). Overall I think punkbuster has been awesome.

My question though is whether cheats still exist and are people starting to use them again. Over the last few days I've noticed a few players (like maybe 4) who I would have suspected of cheating prior to PB. Now that PB is out, maybe they were just on fire, but it seemed round after round they were way at the top dominating.

There were even three clan members who left after accusing this guy of cheating. I have to admit it was very strange. Hit accuracy was around 40 percent (which is very possible), but this guy was like 20 and 1 and the type of shooting he was doing was a lot of running and long distance shots. This is definitely a style of play (running while zoomed), but even doing that, it's hard to maintain even 20 percent. A lot of cases where he'd be running way across the map in streets, someone would see him and start shooting and he'd turn very quickly while running full force sideways and shoot them -- with uncanny accuracy. Time and time again.

I've seen players pull 20 and 1 games with 40 percent accuracy, but they usually play a very definite style of play: pinpoint shots, good spot picking, careful quick aim, and overall good strategy. This other guy was sloppy rambo style. It felt like i was playing against someone with rets that did not expand.

ah well, what do you think people?? I never accused the guy of cheating, but figured those of you who keep in tune with this kind of stuff may know more about what the cheating community is doing.

LL

p.s. feel free to post snide comments about me fishing for cheats hehe, it is expected and appreciated. Points will be awarded for creativity.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 03:58 AM
I can give you a definitive YES! based on past games that had punkbuster that still had cheaters afterwards...

The problem is their are these little groups of people that trust each other and have members that understand the sourcecode of other directx cheats...I think their known as "Clans that cheat"...

well to cut it short...punkbuster can only identify public cheats...and it is possible for cheats to evade the screenshots so...it is possible to be undetected.

http://www.groups.sfahq.com/images/crest_animated.gif

http://www.savealaskawolves.org

Go here and sign a petition to save Alaska's Wolves from be helocopter hunted in an attempt to provide more caribou for hunters (i deer hunt, but would never approve the killing of any species to increase my chances at finding game).

Also...Please donate money to me so that i could afford a bandwidth connection.
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="vilkacls@yahoo.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="donate to help a fellow dialup-handicapped player...me... achieve a cable connection">
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="Bless You!">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="300.00">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but02.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</form>

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 02:53 PM
No Text

Message Edited on 10/11/0302:10PM by C1v1l1an

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Yep there sure are. There always will be, but PB just deters more and more of them. These you speak of very well could be that good. I suggest using the PB screenies if you have admin rights. They don't catch em all but will get some here and there.

Remember this rule. . .

Just because it worked in/on someone else's computer does NOT mean it will work on yours!

Good Hunting!

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Well ya as they said there still are, most of the freeware cehats i think are caught now.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/tko2k3/images/airtrev.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 10:28 PM
ihate wrote:
- Well ya as they said there still are, most of the
- freeware cheats i think are caught now.

No offense man, but that nick name of yours is messed up. Couldn't you think of anything better? That one is just wrong!

http://home.earthlink.net/~mwtate29/dfnlogo.jpg

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the reporter, who gives us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us freedom to protest. It is the soldier who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the demonstrator the right to burn the flag"...Stephen Ambrose

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 10:31 PM
lol whats wrong with ihate bro?
ihate alot of things, ok?lol jk, just some name i came up with when i kept hating myself for gettin killed all the time when i first got teh game

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 11:11 PM
ihate wrote:
- lol whats wrong with ihate bro?
- ihate alot of things, ok?lol jk, just some name i
- came up with when i kept hating myself for gettin
- killed all the time when i first got teh game

Its just that with all the hate in the world today, you could have come up with a better nick. You don't really hate yourself, do you? A name like that can easily be misconstrued as to reflect your general attitude. You don't want others to have the wrong idea, do you? How about "ilike"? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~mwtate29/dfnlogo.jpg

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the reporter, who gives us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us freedom to protest. It is the soldier who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the demonstrator the right to burn the flag"...Stephen Ambrose

Message Edited on 10/11/03 05:11PM by ThumperDFN

Message Edited on 10/11/0305:13PM by ThumperDFN

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 11:37 PM
I would say YES...There are still cheaters out there...and they are easier to pick out...when someone has 20 and 3 killes every map and everyone else has 5 and 5 ...most likely hes cheating..

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 12:51 AM
well by now many ppl know me by hate, and i dont really hate myself lol, just hated myself for getting killed all the time back in the day when i frist got the game. Im a nice guy and maybe they get a wrong impression at first when they talk to me btu eventually they see that im not a hater, just hate.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 01:51 AM
um, to answer the original question about there being cheats, yes, there is still one public, but it is easily detectable by pb through the screen shots. it is a wallhack that is done through your video card settings, but it is a free downloadable program. i will not mention the name however.