PDA

View Full Version : DVD ROM - Demo works, full game doesn't

MajPlums
03-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Help!

I've just bought Far Cry having loaded up the demo from a magazine's DVD ROM succesfully. However, although I have loaded the full version succesfully, when I try to play the game, it is returning an error "DVD ROM not found" and something like "CD/DVD emulation software detected. Disable this software and re-boot".

I'm stuck here - I don't understand why the demo DVD ROM worked but the full game not. I've also no idea what DVD Emulation software is, let alone how to turn it off.

The PC is speced up well enough to run this game - DVD ROM is a Sony DDU 1612. Is someone going to tell me that this is also an "incompatible drive" for this game??

Thanks

Alec
the game"

MajPlums
03-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Help!

I've just bought Far Cry having loaded up the demo from a magazine's DVD ROM succesfully. However, although I have loaded the full version succesfully, when I try to play the game, it is returning an error "DVD ROM not found" and something like "CD/DVD emulation software detected. Disable this software and re-boot".

I'm stuck here - I don't understand why the demo DVD ROM worked but the full game not. I've also no idea what DVD Emulation software is, let alone how to turn it off.

The PC is speced up well enough to run this game - DVD ROM is a Sony DDU 1612. Is someone going to tell me that this is also an "incompatible drive" for this game??

Thanks

Alec
the game"

Jetenginedr
03-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Please read sticky posts before posting again.

This topic has been brought up multiple times in the community help forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=170106891