PDA

View Full Version : FX 5600 Difficulties

csargemg
04-17-2004, 05:08 AM
I'm having two problems with my 64MB DDR GeForce FX5600.

First, I cannot see any of the movies (intro, story, etc.) Audio is fine, screen is black. This is confusing me, as I've never had this difficulty anywhere else.

Second, I am getting odd graphical glitches...a little water 'breakthrough' and the reported problem that seems to be a big blotchy 2d patches showing up in front of the screen, blocking off the view.

I'm quite surprised that I've had these difficulties, as I played Far Cry with no problems whatsoever.

I'm running DirectX 9.0b, I have my desktop set to True Color (32 bit), I have the latest drivers from NVidia's page (the Forceware drivers, 56.72. I've got 512 megs DDR ram, a 2.2 GHz Pentium 4...I don't see why I should be having these glitches. Can anyone help?

Thanks

csargemg
04-17-2004, 05:08 AM
I'm having two problems with my 64MB DDR GeForce FX5600.

First, I cannot see any of the movies (intro, story, etc.) Audio is fine, screen is black. This is confusing me, as I've never had this difficulty anywhere else.

Second, I am getting odd graphical glitches...a little water 'breakthrough' and the reported problem that seems to be a big blotchy 2d patches showing up in front of the screen, blocking off the view.

I'm quite surprised that I've had these difficulties, as I played Far Cry with no problems whatsoever.

I'm running DirectX 9.0b, I have my desktop set to True Color (32 bit), I have the latest drivers from NVidia's page (the Forceware drivers, 56.72. I've got 512 megs DDR ram, a 2.2 GHz Pentium 4...I don't see why I should be having these glitches. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mr_bird2
04-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Those blotchy patches happened to me, The problem was the drivers, are you sure installed them?

csargemg
04-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Yes, I am sure that I installed the drivers.

EsP_OzZie
04-18-2004, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by csargemg:
I'm having two problems with my 64MB DDR GeForce FX5600.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The GeForce Fx5600 DOESNT have a 64MB model.

I dont think the FX series have any 64mb cards. The are either 128MB or 256MB.

Check to make sure it is a Geforce FX, then check the memory size of it.

Or you could just post your DXDIAG http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://www.web-systems.co.uk/photos/610.jpg
My new tower case!

csargemg
04-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Sorry, the 128 MB model.

Brain drain.

My last video card had the 64.