PDA

View Full Version : Forum Question: to the mods...

daREALhomercles
04-12-2004, 08:23 AM
If the forums are going to be taken down for any length of time why arent there notices BEFORE such events? (Yes, im referring to the fact that the forums were down all day yesterday!)

--------------------------------------------

I hope Kimi doesnt edit this for "flaming"....

daREALhomercles
04-12-2004, 08:23 AM
If the forums are going to be taken down for any length of time why arent there notices BEFORE such events? (Yes, im referring to the fact that the forums were down all day yesterday!)

Jetenginedr
04-12-2004, 08:41 AM
Good question....

Were they taken down intentionally? or did the servers break? no idea

ify1
04-12-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm not a Moderator and certainly don't have any inside information but...I don't think it was intentional. I was posting when it all went south and at first it was just a few odd threads that were inaccessable. Then a few more went. Then they were all gone and I couldn't get into the site at all...no UBI Forums were available. That's what makes me think it wasn't intentional.

Ify

daREALhomercles
04-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Ahh, i see. I only tried late sunday morning. To me it seemed that there was maintenance or updating or something going on given that it was easter sunday (meaning, low traffic).

So then how about an update about what happened?

Jetenginedr
04-12-2004, 08:56 AM
can't give you info if us mods don't know.I tried to get on yesterday morning as well and couldn't all day.No one said a thing to me.I emailed Piranha but he didn't reply.

Now here we are working again..dunno

ify1
04-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Yeah, at first my browser would just time out trying to load various threads and eventually it started bringing up that message everyone saw yesterday. I just figured it was some default "trouble" screen. I can see where you would think it was taken down for maintenance etc being Easter Sunday and all...but I think it was pure coincidence.

As for an update...I'm waiting with ya. I don't know if UBI will explain what happened to us but I'm interested to know.

Let us know if you hear anything Jetenginedr (or other Mods).

Ify

Killer_Waffle
04-12-2004, 09:18 AM
From what i saw yesterday, it looks like it's just an sql server that crashed at a given time. We might get some info from ubisoft, but i wouldn't hold my breath, it's rather obvious what was wrong and since that got kicked back to life it's working again, so then why wanting to have ubisoft tell you this or that server went down ...really homercles, this is propably the most info you'll get about what happened ...you silly little bugger

NI!

kimi_
04-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Yup yup yup, forums go down unexpectedly over the weekend, community manager isn't at their desk on the weekend.

I think we all know by now, because you are reading this and have posted, that the forums were brought back to life Sunday night/early Monday morning, so I don't think any further commentary is needed by UBI.

<left><font color ="FF0099">_______________________________
</left></font color>
http://www.smakclan.com/downloads/ss/sigs/kimi.gif
<font color="FF0099"><font size="1"> ICQ #310135451
irc.gamesurge.net #twl_rvs or #twl_farcry
Ubisoft RVS/AS, GR, and Far Cry Moderator</font color></font size>