PDA

View Full Version : What about us modem guys?

r.j.gaudet
01-18-2004, 12:21 PM
I purchased Uru both because I'm an ardent Riven/Myst fan and because I thought, according to the advertisements, that I'd be able to play additional Uru ages online. However, I'm not big on online gaming and I have a modem. It's obvious that there are more ages in Uru than are avaiable to us offline guys. My question for Ubisoft is why not make these ages available to guys like us. I'd be more than willing to pay fees to download and access these additional ages. In this manner, Ubisoft could continue to expand Uru and make some bucks while doing it. Does anyone else out there share my feeling?

r.j.gaudet
01-18-2004, 12:21 PM
I purchased Uru both because I'm an ardent Riven/Myst fan and because I thought, according to the advertisements, that I'd be able to play additional Uru ages online. However, I'm not big on online gaming and I have a modem. It's obvious that there are more ages in Uru than are avaiable to us offline guys. My question for Ubisoft is why not make these ages available to guys like us. I'd be more than willing to pay fees to download and access these additional ages. In this manner, Ubisoft could continue to expand Uru and make some bucks while doing it. Does anyone else out there share my feeling?

dividertabs
01-18-2004, 12:28 PM
You CAN play Uru: Live with a modem, it just isn't recommended. That's because it takes a VERY long time to download the new content on a dial-up connection. There's nothing they can do to speed up your downloads.

Ki 01235796 (Atrus)
Fun link: The BEST RPer ever (http://johntitor.com/)

itsmetoo
01-18-2004, 01:08 PM
I have a cable connection but would also enjoy playing new ages offline.

r.j.gaudet
01-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Is downloading for Uru Live a one time affair or do you do it every time you go live?

Heimdall_G
01-18-2004, 03:08 PM
To clarify, Uru Live has not been officially released as yet. What we're now playing on-line is the Prologue, which is the beta test for Live. The actual Live release data is currently unknown, but hopefully it'll be sometime during February.

It's very likely that there'll be downloads of varying sizes each time you go on-line. Some will be very large, as when a new Age is released.

In Live as -- Heimdall
KI 89512
Latest Uru updates here (http://www.cyanworlds.com/status.htm)