PDA

View Full Version : MP Strategies ~

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 11:00 AM
well it seemes like we needed a place to post some srats for MP.

i was thinking of how i want to go about my second time of playinmg online and what i wanted to do diffarently, since my first time was just kinda running around like a moron, anyway heres what i was thinking!!

Spy strategies~

1. just have one spy go left one go right, and try to say as far apart as possible, cover more ground faster.

2. trail your spy partner as he or she goes around to the diffarent NDd133s and stay just close enough to keep them in view, so that if they get into trouble your rite there to help them out.

3. one bad *** spy, and one decoy spy. send one spy to hunt mercs, find them and keep them busy while your buddy takes care of the ND133s.

4. good communication. For example, if your partner(as spy) is pinned in a room being hunted, jump into a room across the level and set of a crazy amount of alarms, or even better, go for the nd133. This gives him time to make a mad dash out of there.- from Drakonsfyre

5. make liberal use of the emergency trigger gadgets.I get away many times from being seen by 2 mercs in plain view just by throwing a flash and running for the hills. - from Pandora_NOW

6. when you get to the window with the poles going up and over (hospital level) stop when you reach the bend, get out your gun and quickly do the following -

1. Shoot out the laser
2. Fire A chaff nade in the window
3. put gun away and get inside ASAP. if you fall, wait for everything to reset before trying to get back in - from Neothermic

7. Teamwork is critical. Especially with the spies. One guy goes through the vents and waits at one end of the second floor. When he sees a merc, he drops a grenade, starts shooting, running around, jumping between platforms, etc. keeping the mercs occupied on him. Then the other one goes in through one of the windows at the other end of the hospital, and hacks the virus. The mercs run down to investigate the hacker as soon as he starts, and then when they run in to see the hacker is gone, the spy who was distracting starts hacking. This can be exchanged until the job is done.

And when doing the window entrances, practice alone on a lan server, practice knocking out the lasers from the nearby platform and getting in a position to shoot the camera without being spotted, etc. - from MercedOperation

8. You can tell what a merc is see by they shade of their eyes. If they are blue they're using electro vision, if they are red they're using motion sensors and if they are yellow they're not using anything.

9. To reiderate teamwork is key, one tactic i use is to get one spy close to the objective sit tight and have the other spy put the mercs to sleep or atleast distract them once that happens grab the ND and again find a spot to hold tight once the mercs come looking have the other spy close in setting off alarms nearby but oppisite from the spy with ND and have him take off. Again, none of this is possible without a good partner and good teamwork.

10. Spies-should only use their other visions for splits seconds at a time just to get their barrings. 8-10 from LETHALLAW

11. Mines are your BEST FRIEND! Now I know you might be going "wtf?" right about now, but hear me out. If you know where a mine is , there is so much crap you can do with them. Fire a noisemaker thingy(full vers only) right by the mine, and lure the merc to, and then shoot the mine. BOOM. Or in the demo, if the mercs have placed mines where you can see em from outside, lure them to the windows and then shoot the mines. There's tons of ways you can use those lil suckers.

12. I have noticed ALOT of people don't realise that spy cams can shoot out stun gas! This is incredibly useful and gives the spies some real ranged power. Have your buddy get right up to a ndi33, then lure both the mercs into a room, and gas em both, and have your buddy start hacking. There isn't a thing they will be able to do. It is short ranged though so be careful.

13. In the demo level (mount hospital) there are fire extinguishers around the level. These are very useful for a spy. Lure a merc up next to one, then shoot it. A bunch of gas will shoot out, blinding the merc(It fogs up his visor). Now you can sneak up behind him without him ever knowing you were there.

14. Alot of the time, it is alot easier to just drop on a merc and knock him out than it is to sneak up on him. Always do this if the merc is alone. Dropping on them takes away over 1/2 their hp, so drop on them once, climb up, wait untill they start getting up, and wham, drop on em again, you are now the proud owner of one dead merc. Be careful abusing this, it ticks people off so bad they often just leave.11-14 from Drakonsfyre

Merc stategies~

1. rite away send one merc off to mine all vents and poles, and whle hes doing that, the other merc lays mines around the ND133s. then start patrol(seems like the most common)

2.for mercs they can also effectively use spy traps and either patrol different sections of a level or team up. Pretty much when you palce mines you ahve to think like a spy and place them where they're not visible. Sometimes laser mines may be more effective since they dont beep.- from Jarulez2001

3. Or with mercs, say a spy starts decontaminating an nd133 upstairs, but your buddy is far away from it(he is the upstairs merc you are the downstairs) and you are just at the stairway that leads right up to it. Instead of letting him run across the level because he is the guy tasked with gaurding the upstairs, just say "I got it, cover my objectives" to him, run up, and stop the spy.- from Drakonsfyre

4. with the mercs, spytraps and mines are your best freind set the spy traps in dark places because they dont have a light on them like the mines. And no one ever notices them. And the biggest thing that noone really knows is that your cursor or crosshair or whatever you wanna call it. Picks up noise and the direction is comes from. So you know if it picks up noise and you see security failure they are near you somewhere. Also another thing is they may have night vision but you have the emf so whenever you enter a dark room cut that on. Also most people make the mistake of leaving their flashlights on all the time DONT DO IT! The spies can you coming a mile away.- from AI_Atropoz

5. When you are going after a spy who is hacking, or hasnt noticed you, run up behind them untill you are close, then open fire and keep running towards em and hit shift. This does a ram attack that takes off like 1/2 their hp and sends them flying, which lets you easily shoot them as they get up. Alot easier than trying to shoot em while they jump around like kangaroos.

6. Spys arent the only ones who can drop on people! If you land on a spy as a merc, he loses 1/2 his hp and is stunned, alowing you a free kill, just shoot him up a bit.

7. Tasers. Alot of people don't use these, cause they have such short range, but they are absolutly DEADLY in close combat. They take off 1/2 the spies hp and stun him, which is a free kill for a merc, just shoot them. Whenever it says anything but "you killed 'spys name'" shoot the spy untill it says you killed him, because all you did was stun him and he will get back up.

8. Special Vision and Flashlight/Lasersight. Your best bet as a merc is to just run around with normal vision and no flashlight/lasersight. Only use the flashlight to check out dark areas, and DO NOT turn it on when you are sneaking up on a hacking spy!(You already know where they are, you don't need a flashlight, and it just tells them you are coming) I always run around with normal vision, untill I find a spy, when I turn on lasersight and motion tracking. The lasersight gives you a free motion tracking lock and makes you 2x more accurate, so the spy will never get away. I only use EMG vision when I hear a camera(find the camera, then look for the spy, they cant move while they have a camera out, and there are only so many places they could have fired it from) or when I know a spy is somewhere but I cant see him (like inside a box or up in the ceiling on mount hospital). Also emg vision is good in an area that is pitch black against newbie spys, as they will almost always have nvgs on.5-8 from Drakonsfyre

9. Mercs-should also not use their flashlights or lasers to often because they show the spies exactly where they are looking.

10. Mercs should concentrate on a certain area if there are three ND areas don't worry about all three worry about two and gaurd them well. Don't spread yourselves too thin as the saying goes. 9,10 from LETHALLAW

special thanx to the guys with the cohanes to put their strats out there to benefit the general community!! you rule!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

http://ssxtitan.250free.com/TARGETptsc.jpg

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 10:34 AM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 10:45 AM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 02:53 PM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 03:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 04:49 PM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 05:05 PM.]

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 11:00 AM
well it seemes like we needed a place to post some srats for MP.

i was thinking of how i want to go about my second time of playinmg online and what i wanted to do diffarently, since my first time was just kinda running around like a moron, anyway heres what i was thinking!!

Spy strategies~

1. just have one spy go left one go right, and try to say as far apart as possible, cover more ground faster.

2. trail your spy partner as he or she goes around to the diffarent NDd133s and stay just close enough to keep them in view, so that if they get into trouble your rite there to help them out.

3. one bad *** spy, and one decoy spy. send one spy to hunt mercs, find them and keep them busy while your buddy takes care of the ND133s.

4. good communication. For example, if your partner(as spy) is pinned in a room being hunted, jump into a room across the level and set of a crazy amount of alarms, or even better, go for the nd133. This gives him time to make a mad dash out of there.- from Drakonsfyre

5. make liberal use of the emergency trigger gadgets.I get away many times from being seen by 2 mercs in plain view just by throwing a flash and running for the hills. - from Pandora_NOW

6. when you get to the window with the poles going up and over (hospital level) stop when you reach the bend, get out your gun and quickly do the following -

1. Shoot out the laser
3. put gun away and get inside ASAP. if you fall, wait for everything to reset before trying to get back in - from Neothermic

7. Teamwork is critical. Especially with the spies. One guy goes through the vents and waits at one end of the second floor. When he sees a merc, he drops a grenade, starts shooting, running around, jumping between platforms, etc. keeping the mercs occupied on him. Then the other one goes in through one of the windows at the other end of the hospital, and hacks the virus. The mercs run down to investigate the hacker as soon as he starts, and then when they run in to see the hacker is gone, the spy who was distracting starts hacking. This can be exchanged until the job is done.

And when doing the window entrances, practice alone on a lan server, practice knocking out the lasers from the nearby platform and getting in a position to shoot the camera without being spotted, etc. - from MercedOperation

8. You can tell what a merc is see by they shade of their eyes. If they are blue they're using electro vision, if they are red they're using motion sensors and if they are yellow they're not using anything.

9. To reiderate teamwork is key, one tactic i use is to get one spy close to the objective sit tight and have the other spy put the mercs to sleep or atleast distract them once that happens grab the ND and again find a spot to hold tight once the mercs come looking have the other spy close in setting off alarms nearby but oppisite from the spy with ND and have him take off. Again, none of this is possible without a good partner and good teamwork.

10. Spies-should only use their other visions for splits seconds at a time just to get their barrings. 8-10 from LETHALLAW

11. Mines are your BEST FRIEND! Now I know you might be going "wtf?" right about now, but hear me out. If you know where a mine is , there is so much crap you can do with them. Fire a noisemaker thingy(full vers only) right by the mine, and lure the merc to, and then shoot the mine. BOOM. Or in the demo, if the mercs have placed mines where you can see em from outside, lure them to the windows and then shoot the mines. There's tons of ways you can use those lil suckers.

12. I have noticed ALOT of people don't realise that spy cams can shoot out stun gas! This is incredibly useful and gives the spies some real ranged power. Have your buddy get right up to a ndi33, then lure both the mercs into a room, and gas em both, and have your buddy start hacking. There isn't a thing they will be able to do. It is short ranged though so be careful.

13. In the demo level (mount hospital) there are fire extinguishers around the level. These are very useful for a spy. Lure a merc up next to one, then shoot it. A bunch of gas will shoot out, blinding the merc(It fogs up his visor). Now you can sneak up behind him without him ever knowing you were there.

14. Alot of the time, it is alot easier to just drop on a merc and knock him out than it is to sneak up on him. Always do this if the merc is alone. Dropping on them takes away over 1/2 their hp, so drop on them once, climb up, wait untill they start getting up, and wham, drop on em again, you are now the proud owner of one dead merc. Be careful abusing this, it ticks people off so bad they often just leave.11-14 from Drakonsfyre

Merc stategies~

1. rite away send one merc off to mine all vents and poles, and whle hes doing that, the other merc lays mines around the ND133s. then start patrol(seems like the most common)

2.for mercs they can also effectively use spy traps and either patrol different sections of a level or team up. Pretty much when you palce mines you ahve to think like a spy and place them where they're not visible. Sometimes laser mines may be more effective since they dont beep.- from Jarulez2001

3. Or with mercs, say a spy starts decontaminating an nd133 upstairs, but your buddy is far away from it(he is the upstairs merc you are the downstairs) and you are just at the stairway that leads right up to it. Instead of letting him run across the level because he is the guy tasked with gaurding the upstairs, just say "I got it, cover my objectives" to him, run up, and stop the spy.- from Drakonsfyre

4. with the mercs, spytraps and mines are your best freind set the spy traps in dark places because they dont have a light on them like the mines. And no one ever notices them. And the biggest thing that noone really knows is that your cursor or crosshair or whatever you wanna call it. Picks up noise and the direction is comes from. So you know if it picks up noise and you see security failure they are near you somewhere. Also another thing is they may have night vision but you have the emf so whenever you enter a dark room cut that on. Also most people make the mistake of leaving their flashlights on all the time DONT DO IT! The spies can you coming a mile away.- from AI_Atropoz

5. When you are going after a spy who is hacking, or hasnt noticed you, run up behind them untill you are close, then open fire and keep running towards em and hit shift. This does a ram attack that takes off like 1/2 their hp and sends them flying, which lets you easily shoot them as they get up. Alot easier than trying to shoot em while they jump around like kangaroos.

6. Spys arent the only ones who can drop on people! If you land on a spy as a merc, he loses 1/2 his hp and is stunned, alowing you a free kill, just shoot him up a bit.

7. Tasers. Alot of people don't use these, cause they have such short range, but they are absolutly DEADLY in close combat. They take off 1/2 the spies hp and stun him, which is a free kill for a merc, just shoot them. Whenever it says anything but "you killed 'spys name'" shoot the spy untill it says you killed him, because all you did was stun him and he will get back up.

8. Special Vision and Flashlight/Lasersight. Your best bet as a merc is to just run around with normal vision and no flashlight/lasersight. Only use the flashlight to check out dark areas, and DO NOT turn it on when you are sneaking up on a hacking spy!(You already know where they are, you don't need a flashlight, and it just tells them you are coming) I always run around with normal vision, untill I find a spy, when I turn on lasersight and motion tracking. The lasersight gives you a free motion tracking lock and makes you 2x more accurate, so the spy will never get away. I only use EMG vision when I hear a camera(find the camera, then look for the spy, they cant move while they have a camera out, and there are only so many places they could have fired it from) or when I know a spy is somewhere but I cant see him (like inside a box or up in the ceiling on mount hospital). Also emg vision is good in an area that is pitch black against newbie spys, as they will almost always have nvgs on.5-8 from Drakonsfyre

9. Mercs-should also not use their flashlights or lasers to often because they show the spies exactly where they are looking.

10. Mercs should concentrate on a certain area if there are three ND areas don't worry about all three worry about two and gaurd them well. Don't spread yourselves too thin as the saying goes. 9,10 from LETHALLAW

special thanx to the guys with the cohanes to put their strats out there to benefit the general community!! you rule!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 10:34 AM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 10:45 AM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 02:53 PM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 03:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 04:49 PM.]

[This message was edited by SC-Titan on Sat March 27 2004 at 05:05 PM.]

JaRulez2001
03-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Your spy strategies are accurate as for mercs they can also effectively use spy traps and either patrol different sections of a level or team up. Pretty much when you palce mines you ahve to think like a spy and place them where they're not visible. Sometimes laser mines may be more effective since they dont beep.

Multiplayer Name(PC): Rulear
AIM SName is the same

TomasSchonbeck
03-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh yes, JaRulez: What is the difference between a laser and a proximity mine? A laser mine will only go off if the laser beam is triggered, but a proximity mine will explode as soon as someone is close enough?

Drakonsfyre
03-27-2004, 11:14 AM
The best strategy in this game is good communication. For example, if your partner(as spy) is pinned in a room being hunted, jump into a room across the level and set of a crazy amount of alarms, or even better, go for the nd133. This gives him time to make a mad dash out of there. Or with mercs, say a spy starts decontaminating an nd133 upstairs, but your buddy is far away from it(he is the upstairs merc you are the downstairs) and you are just at the stairway that leads right up to it. Instead of letting him run across the level because he is the guy tasked with gaurding the upstairs, just say "I got it, cover my objectives" to him, run up, and stop the spy. This happened to me several times, and always when me and my buddy were on voice chat together and were using it, we never lost.

JaRulez2001
03-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Yep..its pretty sweet too..if your partner puts a mine in a bad location you can take it down.(as long as you have room for one)

Multiplayer Name(PC): Rulear
AIM SName is the same

AI_Atropoz
03-27-2004, 11:24 AM
The biggest part of being a spie is TEAMWORK you can finish any map in under 3 mins if you and your partner are working like a well oiled machine then you can to alot. For instance me and my buddy are playing last night in warehouse the mercs always watching for the nd133 on the balcony because thats the one closest to the spie spawn know this he ran and started the alert I hide behind boxes and waited for them around the corner. Grabbed one and broer his neck this caused the other to turn to look at me, right when he did that my buddy grabbed him and broke his neck. All under 20 seconds. Me and him arent 100% worked out yet but I have seen spie teams that just rip through the mercs with their teamwork. But on the flip side with the mercs, spytraps and mines are your best freind set the spy traps in dark places because they dont have a light on them like the mines. And no one ever notices them. And the biggest thing that noone really knows is that your cursor or crosshair or whatever you wanna call it. Picks up noise and the direction is comes from. So you know if it picks up noise and you see security failure they are near you somewhere. Also another thing is they may have night vision but you have the emf so whenever you enter a dark room cut that on. Also most people make the mistake of leaving their flashlights on all the time DONT DO IT! The spies can you coming a mile away.I'll post some more here later as i get more experinced until then see ya or if im a spie maybe you wont....

Gamer Tag: Atropoz

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 11:35 AM
good suggestions!! i'll try to keep the first post of this topic updated with all the strats that people suggest. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

(SmokeCheeba)
03-27-2004, 11:39 AM
I prefer the spies working together, Me and my friend are unstoppable together. We cover eachothers back, distract a guard so the other spy can get behind him to crack his neck, etc.

but after it comes down to two or less objectives, ill usually stir up some camera or motion sensors to get the mercs after me and my friend goes after the objective.

there are alot of different tacticts to use, but the most importana thing to do is choose your partner wisely, this is crucial. If both of you know what eachother is doing, you'll be unstoppable. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pandora_NOW
03-27-2004, 11:40 AM
make liberal use of the emergency trigger gadgets.

I get away many times from being seen by 2 mercs in plain view just by throwing a flash and running for the hills.

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 12:21 PM
keep em comin, this is good stuff!!

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 02:41 PM
bump

Neothermic
03-27-2004, 03:14 PM
this may seem obvious but it hasn;t been mentioned.

when you get to the window with the poles going up and over (hospital level) stop when you reach the bend, get out your gun and quickly do the following -

1. Shoot out the laser
3. put gun away and get inside ASAP. if you fall, wait for everything to reset before trying to get back in

lil_turtle
03-27-2004, 03:27 PM
heres a good way of getting a ND133.
1. climb up ladder at start
2.climb the pole on the wall and go to the top.
3. pick the longer one and go into the vent u see.
4.go out on the ceiling and go to the corner.
5.look for a cable on the roof.
6.once found cable slide down it. u will land in a box.
7. u will be outside of a room wit ND133 in it
8.take out the lasers checkk to see if coast it clear and go and get it! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/784.gif

Im Attracted to little flashing lights.!

lil_turtle
03-27-2004, 03:27 PM
8.take out the lasers checkk to see if coast it clear and go and get it! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/784.gif

Im Attracted to little flashing lights.!

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lil_turtle:

Im Attracted to little flashing lights.!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that all sounds good, but which map are u talking about? cause i have no idea! if u can remember, i'll put it in the first post!

MercedOperation
03-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Teamwork is critical. Especially with the spies. One guy goes through the vents and waits at one end of the second floor. When he sees a merc, he drops a grenade, starts shooting, running around, jumping between platforms, etc. keeping the mercs occupied on him. Then the other one goes in through one of the windows at the other end of the hospital, and hacks the virus. The mercs run down to investigate the hacker as soon as he starts, and then when they run in to see the hacker is gone, the spy who was distracting starts hacking. This can be exchanged until the job is done.

And when doing the window entrances, practice alone on a lan server, practice knocking out the lasers from the nearby platform and getting in a position to shoot the camera without being spotted, etc.

LETHALLAW
03-27-2004, 04:51 PM
A couple of things i did not see mentioned.

1. You can tell what a merc is see by they shade of their eyes. If they are blue they're using electro vision, if they are red they're using motion sensors and if they are yellow they're not using anything.

2. Mercs-should also not use their flashlights or lasers to often because they show the spies exactly where they are looking.

3. Spies-should only use their other visions for splits seconds at a time just to get their barrings.

4. To reiderate teamwork is key, one tactic i use is to get one spy close to the objective sit tight and have the other spy put the mercs to sleep or atleast distract them once that happens grab the ND and again find a spot to hold tight once the mercs come looking have the other spy close in setting off alarms nearby but oppisite from the spy with ND and have him take off. Again, none of this is possible without a good partner and good teamwork.

5. Mercs should concentrate on a certain area if there are three ND areas don't worry about all three worry about two and gaurd them well. Don't spread yourselves too thin as the saying goes.

The only thing that sucks about this game is that i have a lot of friends from Rainbow Six and it is hard have a partner that you can play with a lot when everyone wants play and swicth up partners when you start kicking everyone's as$. That's all the tips i have at this point, good luck to everyone and have fun.

One question I have if anyone can answer it how the hell does the point system work. I played against two level two players, as am i, and as a merc i had 8 kills and they did not get one ND and i ended up with -1 points. That's screwed up so can someone please explain that to me. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/354.gif

Peace Out.
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif

The_Naja
03-27-2004, 04:57 PM
i think you should make tactics for each map and each game type http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

it all requires other strategies, well game type strategie is almost always the same http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but there are 3 different types http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://riksserver.no-ip.com/plaatjes/sigs/sig_thenaja.jpg

Drakonsfyre
03-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Some more fun stuff with Spies.

1. Mines are your BEST FRIEND! Now I know you might be going "wtf?" right about now, but hear me out. If you know where a mine is , there is so much crap you can do with them. Fire a noisemaker thingy(full vers only) right by the mine, and lure the merc to, and then shoot the mine. BOOM. Or in the demo, if the mercs have placed mines where you can see em from outside, lure them to the windows and then shoot the mines. There's tons of ways you can use those lil suckers.

2. I have noticed ALOT of people don't realise that spy cams can shoot out stun gas! This is incredibly useful and gives the spies some real ranged power. Have your buddy get right up to a ndi33, then lure both the mercs into a room, and gas em both, and have your buddy start hacking. There isn't a thing they will be able to do. It is short ranged though so be careful.

3. In the demo level (mount hospital) there are fire extinguishers around the level. These are very useful for a spy. Lure a merc up next to one, then shoot it. A bunch of gas will shoot out, blinding the merc(It fogs up his visor). Now you can sneak up behind him without him ever knowing you were there.

4. Alot of the time, it is alot easier to just drop on a merc and knock him out than it is to sneak up on him. Always do this if the merc is alone. Dropping on them takes away over 1/2 their hp, so drop on them once, climb up, wait untill they start getting up, and wham, drop on em again, you are now the proud owner of one dead merc. Be careful abusing this, it ticks people off so bad they often just leave.

There is tons more, just figure them out!

Okay now here are some tips for all you mercs.

1. When you are going after a spy who is hacking, or hasnt noticed you, run up behind them untill you are close, then open fire and keep running towards em and hit shift. This does a ram attack that takes off like 1/2 their hp and sends them flying, which lets you easily shoot them as they get up. Alot easier than trying to shoot em while they jump around like kangaroos.

2. Spys arent the only ones who can drop on people! If you land on a spy as a merc, he loses 1/2 his hp and is stunned, alowing you a free kill, just shoot him up a bit.

3. Tasers. Alot of people don't use these, cause they have such short range, but they are absolutly DEADLY in close combat. They take off 1/2 the spies hp and stun him, which is a free kill for a merc, just shoot them. Whenever it says anything but "you killed 'spys name'" shoot the spy untill it says you killed him, because all you did was stun him and he will get back up.

4. Special Vision and Flashlight/Lasersight. Your best bet as a merc is to just run around with normal vision and no flashlight/lasersight. Only use the flashlight to check out dark areas, and DO NOT turn it on when you are sneaking up on a hacking spy!(You already know where they are, you don't need a flashlight, and it just tells them you are coming) I always run around with normal vision, untill I find a spy, when I turn on lasersight and motion tracking. The lasersight gives you a free motion tracking lock and makes you 2x more accurate, so the spy will never get away. I only use EMG vision when I hear a camera(find the camera, then look for the spy, they cant move while they have a camera out, and there are only so many places they could have fired it from) or when I know a spy is somewhere but I cant see him (like inside a box or up in the ceiling on mount hospital). Also emg vision is good in an area that is pitch black against newbie spys, as they will almost always have nvgs on.

Okay I have more, but this is to long anyway, so I will post them later! Happy hunting!

Neothermic
03-27-2004, 05:22 PM
nice tips. just to change the subject, who likes my signature pic? should it be bigger/smaller?

http://www.neothermic.co.uk/Neo%20orange%20letters%20blue%20fire%2078.gif

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 05:40 PM
hella good suggestions gentelmen!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

i can put a lil header next to each strat, describing which lvl its for, if people will tell me which lvl when they post their strat, cause i am still to inexperienced with MP to now which one is being described!!

TacoLaMmY
03-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Have a question, how do you separate between proximity mines and laser mines? Can you actively select between them?

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 05:53 PM
stupid double post!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SC-Titan
03-27-2004, 09:51 PM
bump