PDA

View Full Version : this happen to you?

Animus21
04-08-2004, 03:40 PM
ok this is gonna sound really whiny but i'm so pissed i just gotta let it out... im at level 3 and my partner is also level 3. we were in the game lobby about to face a level 3 and a level 1 in warehouse on extraction mode... i thought, "ok, this is gonna be fun/easy". so the game starts so me and my partner rush out to place some mines and kill some spies... soon as we get out there a spy grabs me and snaps my neck.. im thinking, "oh well, i'll get him when i respawn".. soon as i respawn, my partner gets killed too so i rush out to do my thing and didn't realize that the spy was camping my exit. this is warehouse man, THE ONLY EXIT INTO SECTOR 1, HE CAMPED. im thinking that they got sector 1 extracted, but NO! all they do is place spy cams in the room we exit into so we can't leave... but they WONT go for the objective. we get rid of the spy cams but as soon as we get out of that room we get neck snapped... camp camp camp. smoke smoke smoke. snap snap snap. they had more than enough time to get the ND133 in sector 1 but they'd rather ruin the game... we lost the game coz we ran out of respawns. it was a ranked game but i didn't want to snoop down to their level by leaving and depriving them of their points... fortunately, my partner did. come on spies, play the game as it was meant to be. spies aren't supposed to kill.. ubi should make it so that spies can only snap necks once or twice, then lose points if they snap more than that... THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KILL. IT'S IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION. third echelon pays these guys to be stealthy, not hannibal lector.

***Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff...

Animus21
04-08-2004, 03:40 PM
ok this is gonna sound really whiny but i'm so pissed i just gotta let it out... im at level 3 and my partner is also level 3. we were in the game lobby about to face a level 3 and a level 1 in warehouse on extraction mode... i thought, "ok, this is gonna be fun/easy". so the game starts so me and my partner rush out to place some mines and kill some spies... soon as we get out there a spy grabs me and snaps my neck.. im thinking, "oh well, i'll get him when i respawn".. soon as i respawn, my partner gets killed too so i rush out to do my thing and didn't realize that the spy was camping my exit. this is warehouse man, THE ONLY EXIT INTO SECTOR 1, HE CAMPED. im thinking that they got sector 1 extracted, but NO! all they do is place spy cams in the room we exit into so we can't leave... but they WONT go for the objective. we get rid of the spy cams but as soon as we get out of that room we get neck snapped... camp camp camp. smoke smoke smoke. snap snap snap. they had more than enough time to get the ND133 in sector 1 but they'd rather ruin the game... we lost the game coz we ran out of respawns. it was a ranked game but i didn't want to snoop down to their level by leaving and depriving them of their points... fortunately, my partner did. come on spies, play the game as it was meant to be. spies aren't supposed to kill.. ubi should make it so that spies can only snap necks once or twice, then lose points if they snap more than that... THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KILL. IT'S IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION. third echelon pays these guys to be stealthy, not hannibal lector.

KANDLER
04-08-2004, 04:10 PM
nah, your not whinin man, this bs has happened to me too, and it gets damn annoying after the second time.

you'll always play people who dont want to play the game the way it was meant to be played, and thats a shame....because we never know before we start playing with them, and find out the hard way.

sadly, the way i've found to deal with these f*gs is by simply leaving the match (f*ck them, if its ranked they dont win sh*t, and its no skin off ur nuts)
the other way i dealt with this problem was by approaching the main door u have to leave in order to enter the main warehouse area &where the spies camped for u, and just as the door opens launch a frag grenade into the little hallway towards your right. if it doesnt kill the b*tch, it'll at least scare them back a lil' bit so u can safely walk out the door.....just watch out for the next doorway...cause there arent any guarentees that the spies arent waiting for u out there too.

just to be safe, i'll shoot 2 frag grenades into the hallway just to make sure i didnt just miss the guy the first time...oh yea..and just to warn u if u havent already found out the hard way....when u exit the first room where the mercs respawn, and enter into the main warehouse room, watch out for the wall on the right. there are several beams that go straight up, and its a great place for any skilled spy to just chill, and either way for u to walk out of the spawn area so they can either grab u or fall on u from above.

KANDLER
04-08-2004, 04:15 PM
just out of curiosity....you said u didnt want to sink to their level and leave the match...but arent u just letting them have their way then? why wouldnt u leave? believe me, im a big believer of not leaving a match at all, at least until the match is over, but when people who are considered campers and cheats try to take advantage of u in the game, solely for the reason of boosting their stats....why would u play along?

sorry, just had to ask

Animus21
04-08-2004, 04:31 PM
thanks man... i really hate it when people leave a ranked game... i just didn't want to be like them, but i'm sure i'll leave next time this crap happens... i actually made it out my last life... what i did was frag grenade the first room, turn on emf to spot any spy cams... soon as i get near the second doorway i charge out so they don't drop on me... the charge puts me past the beam where a spy could be hiding behind and soon as i reach the end of my charge i quick turn to my right and taze... i did just that and actually hit a spy.. he fell over and i put a lazer mine above his head and i gave him a light show switching my flashlight on and off till he got up and blew himself.. then i tazed his dead body..

M4H_Leon
04-08-2004, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Animus21:
thanks man... i really hate it when people leave a ranked game... i just didn't want to be like them, but i'm sure i'll leave next time this crap happens... i actually made it out my last life... what i did was frag grenade the first room, turn on emf to spot any spy cams... soon as i get near the second doorway i charge out so they don't drop on me... the charge puts me past the beam where a spy could be hiding behind and soon as i reach the end of my charge i quick turn to my right and taze... i did just that and actually hit a spy.. he fell over and i put a lazer mine above his head and i gave him a light show switching my flashlight on and off till he got up and blew himself.. then i tazed his dead body..

***Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/88.gif

Did I just hear a bell? Because you schooled his ***! LoL

"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night"
http://www.carolsforest.com/lotr/website/Images/strider.jpg
"Bring him down Legolas"

KANDLER
04-08-2004, 04:40 PM
nice job.

chacha123
04-08-2004, 05:04 PM
how do you even see a ladder system of the in-game multiplay?

.ZeR0.
04-08-2004, 05:54 PM
i would have just lobbed some grenades into the first spawn room, then have my partner cover my back. it isnt THAT hard to get out of spys doing things like that.

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/16527/splinter.gif

Dawsman0807
04-08-2004, 07:23 PM
If it's obvious that they aren't going for the objectives (ND133's) than just hang out in the spawn room. Sooner or later they will have to turn away from their cheesy tactics, and if they don't you will get the win cause time will run out...

killatrees420
04-08-2004, 08:54 PM
doesnt seem that hard unless im missing something, but it seems all you have to do is open the door and launch a couple of frags into the opening and then go in spraying Rainbow Six 3 style.

HighOnDrugs911
04-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Dont let them too close to you. Knock the MFs down. Tase them. Shoot them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you know where a spy is and you cannot kill him them you just suck as a merc.

Ohh, and they should be able to snap your neck. THis isn't really a game flaw. I am pretty sure they put it conciously in.

Martin

Wolfrat14
04-09-2004, 01:41 AM
I am seeing a lot of posts now about 'unfair game tactics,' partciularly the modus operandi of 'spawn camping.' I want to say that I believe whatever tactics players use to win is all right with me. If they are not cheating in any way you should match their strategy with one of your own.
Also, you only respawn if you get killed in the first place.
I have to say I have played some tough agro spies on the ol' Xbox live. It has forced me to work at becoming a better Merc.
I am a firm believer in the adage that you do not quit ranked games under any circumstances unless you can prove (i.e., visual evidence) that the other player(s) are cheating. Don't quit because their strategy has taken you out of your comfortable routine. How is that any different from quitting just because you're losing? Your response is the challenge. If you get beat, get beat with honor. Tip your hat and challenge them again. Take them out of their comfort zone of spawn camping with your own strategic response. Or look for a different room.
The beauty of SCPT online is that you are dealing with human strategy. Let the hardships of other players effective strategies inspire you to get better. Never quit!

"What was that? A wolfrat?"

Animus21
04-09-2004, 01:46 AM
to everyone that posted except kandler and leon... i believe what i asked was "this happen to anyone?"

Razor_Ace
04-09-2004, 03:28 AM
You guys think that is lame. Check this out.
Muont hospital extraction. I got 4 containers to get. I get two and then there are only 2 left and of course 2 mercs. Go figure. The fuc*ing noobs (litteraly) camp in the rooms that are just across each other and wait there. The other spy i played with didn't do much of any work either so i was on my own.
By the way, mercs lame a lot more than spies do. Tazer is a weapon for pu**ies. They hit you with the tazer and then u faint and they just wait til u get back up and then while ur getting back up they shoot you. That's ****ing lame as hell. Oh and there are cheaters (even on punkbuster server). Once I was merc and I got near a spy. He stoo d there and I emptied 15 bullets in him, he was still standing. I started chasing him and finally killed him with 1 and a half clip. And why the heck can't I shock a merc who is crouching. I empty an entire schocker clip in him and he's still there. So if you ask me most mercs here lame more than spies do. I know that there are tazer lamers here. Tazer should be banned. It's the cheapest way of laming.