PDA

View Full Version : Adding My Voice To The Chorus

Low_Bias
07-12-2004, 04:08 PM
I realize there are a lot of people already complaining about SC:PT multiplayer game play, but I really want to add my 2 cents worth. I'm not here to flame or whine, but to express my opinions...well I guess I am whining a bit. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Of the 4 other people that bought SC:PT with me, I am the only one that has not traded the game in. And we were so excitied to get it! We couldn't wait! But it didn't take long for our time with SC:PT to start to fade (and quickly). Despite the fact that I almost never play it, I'm holding out for some sort of fix(es) to the multiplayer problem(s).

Neither I, nor my friends, will pay for another SC game when this one was delivered so recently with so many multiplayer problems.

SC:PT is a great game with an exceptional multiplayer component. I find it well balanced, unique, and refreshing. It's too bad that such a great game is ruined by cheaters / glitchers and poor net code.

When people start entire threads looking for others that just play the game without cheating, you know you've got a very big problem on your hands. I never really got off the ground with SC:PT MP because there were so many people cheating right from the get-go. Not to mention that I can almost never connect to another game! And I don't have the same problems with RS3, PGR2, or FSW at all.

This is a fantastic game and I urge Ubi to look at fixing the multiplayer glitches. SC3 shouldn't be much of an issue (aside from Marketing) as it is being developed by a different team (correct?).

Gamer Tag: Low Bias
RS3, SC:PT, PGR2, FSW

- "You used me as bait?"
- "Get over it."

Low_Bias
07-12-2004, 04:08 PM
I realize there are a lot of people already complaining about SC:PT multiplayer game play, but I really want to add my 2 cents worth. I'm not here to flame or whine, but to express my opinions...well I guess I am whining a bit. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Of the 4 other people that bought SC:PT with me, I am the only one that has not traded the game in. And we were so excitied to get it! We couldn't wait! But it didn't take long for our time with SC:PT to start to fade (and quickly). Despite the fact that I almost never play it, I'm holding out for some sort of fix(es) to the multiplayer problem(s).

Neither I, nor my friends, will pay for another SC game when this one was delivered so recently with so many multiplayer problems.

SC:PT is a great game with an exceptional multiplayer component. I find it well balanced, unique, and refreshing. It's too bad that such a great game is ruined by cheaters / glitchers and poor net code.

When people start entire threads looking for others that just play the game without cheating, you know you've got a very big problem on your hands. I never really got off the ground with SC:PT MP because there were so many people cheating right from the get-go. Not to mention that I can almost never connect to another game! And I don't have the same problems with RS3, PGR2, or FSW at all.

This is a fantastic game and I urge Ubi to look at fixing the multiplayer glitches. SC3 shouldn't be much of an issue (aside from Marketing) as it is being developed by a different team (correct?).

- "You used me as bait?"
- "Get over it."

shadoweater1
07-12-2004, 04:25 PM
tired of cheaters / glitchers eh? THAT IS WHY YOU ONLY PLAY WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW WILL NO CHEAT OR GLITCH. TRY CHECKING OUT THAT FORUM WITH A HUGE LIST OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CHEAT OR GLITCH. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifG-nite!

i am the wind,you cant see me,
im a shadow you cant hear me,
i am the weapon of which everyone fears,
and i will show no mercy

PAKMAN52SE
07-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Yeah, it's being made by different people.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/images/320-Ford-GT-Concept-Yellow-Black.jpg

Your village called, the idiots missing.
GT:shadow eclipse and pakman 52
I'm Last.

Low_Bias
07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
I know about the list...my name's in it. This post was written to and directed at Ubi after read Rhoulette's post about the comments on this forum making their way to Ubi.

The list is a great idea, but the game has problems that need to be looked at (a good list of friends won't help the net code). But, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ANYWAY.

- "You used me as bait?"
- "Get over it."

sillyfish101
07-13-2004, 09:02 AM
yo wheres this post with people who dont glitch?

iyamH0x
07-14-2004, 04:03 PM
It's called playing with no glitches / cheats posted July 14...

You can add me to your friends

gamerstag: H0x (H zero x)

rikakiah
07-14-2004, 09:56 PM
I believe the trouble is in maintaining balance (ie removing sticky cams and smoke grenades would hinder aggro spies, but kill the game). I don't think Ubi ever realized so many people couldn't get out of their deathmatch mindset to enjoy the game for what they made it. Now they're backpedalling with a problem that has mushroomed exponentially. Hopefully, they'll take the lessons learned here and adapt SC3's multiplayer to better circumvent this, but it's a pretty tall order to make such drastic changes in a game already in widespread usage. Perhaps making a "deathmatch mode" so those wanting to avoid those games can safely do so, or simply imposing penalties for killing a merc would help. Some form of "glitch detection" would be good, too (ie the programming KNOWS a spy can't get from point A to point B in C amount of time, so when it happens, it's got to be a glitch...).

-"...that general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack." -Sun Tzu Wu

Low_Bias
07-15-2004, 11:13 AM
I don't think there will be adversarial multiplayer in SC3 so it probably won't be an issue.

- "You used me as bait?"
- "Get over it."