PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

oliverdst
07-07-2004, 05:23 AM
Hi.
I have CM 9000 in my computer and it always overheats, I mean, the temperature goes to 67 Celsius/150 Farenheit.
I downloaded CM 10th and now it goes to 72/165 degrees. Of course this is not natural. Just with CM goes so high. I know that CPU is really "abused" with it but I am really concearned about having problems with my computer. I want to know if changing my CPU cooler would help (does anybody have ever tried this?).
My computer is really new, less than 2 months. I always shut down all other softwares in progress. It is a Pentium 4 2.8 HT. 1 GIGA RAM. I think it is good enough to run CM.
What should I do?
Thank you very much.
Oliver

oliverdst
07-07-2004, 05:23 AM
Hi.
I have CM 9000 in my computer and it always overheats, I mean, the temperature goes to 67 Celsius/150 Farenheit.
I downloaded CM 10th and now it goes to 72/165 degrees. Of course this is not natural. Just with CM goes so high. I know that CPU is really "abused" with it but I am really concearned about having problems with my computer. I want to know if changing my CPU cooler would help (does anybody have ever tried this?).
My computer is really new, less than 2 months. I always shut down all other softwares in progress. It is a Pentium 4 2.8 HT. 1 GIGA RAM. I think it is good enough to run CM.
What should I do?
Thank you very much.
Oliver

AndyO4you
07-08-2004, 12:35 PM
don't smoke during playing chess,, that is bad for ur health!!!! hehe

jabberwockyCPA
07-10-2004, 10:07 AM
I used to have an overheating problem. I installed one of those slot exhaust fans and it really does suck a lot of hot air out of the computer instead of circulating it inside. No problems since then.