PDA

View Full Version : Shimmering overcast clouds.

Mr.ICBM
07-23-2004, 06:41 AM
When i fly in Overcast weather the under-and-topside of the cloudcover is kinda shimmering. It seems like for some weird reason LockOn is constantly swapping between one clouldlayer and the next one.

All the GFX settings on LockOn are of no avail, nether is AA or AS.

Specs:

-ABIT NF7-S (nForce 2) rev 2.0
-AMD Athlon XP 2500+ /OC/ 2200 Mhz
-512MB PC3200 DDR (Infineon) + Heatsinks
-Club3D ATI Radeon 9700 (NP) + heatsinks & one extra CPU cooler, running on Omega 4.6

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"Yeah man, we have to stand united against all the bullies, you know, mr big shot in his A10, mr 6 oclock in his F15 ... all fun and game until you have the Frog on yr tail."

-Dice-Man
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mr.ICBM
07-23-2004, 06:41 AM
When i fly in Overcast weather the under-and-topside of the cloudcover is kinda shimmering. It seems like for some weird reason LockOn is constantly swapping between one clouldlayer and the next one.

All the GFX settings on LockOn are of no avail, nether is AA or AS.

Specs:

-ABIT NF7-S (nForce 2) rev 2.0
-AMD Athlon XP 2500+ /OC/ 2200 Mhz
-512MB PC3200 DDR (Infineon) + Heatsinks
-Club3D ATI Radeon 9700 (NP) + heatsinks & one extra CPU cooler, running on Omega 4.6

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
"Yeah man, we have to stand united against all the bullies, you know, mr big shot in his A10, mr 6 oclock in his F15 ... all fun and game until you have the Frog on yr tail."

-Dice-Man
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

delphiboy
07-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi Mr ICBM
The shimmering is a radeon Habit I donot thing anyone has fix it yet. I have a 9700 pro and it does the same, if you fly high it disappears, it does for me anyway, its just as you come close to the cloud layer that it appears. some of the l0 loman add ons I thing reduce the affect alittle. here is the link to the list of addons: http://www.checksix-fr.com/downloads/loman/

hope I have been of some help

James (delphiboy)

delphiboy
07-23-2004, 11:12 AM
It the "fast overcast low res" that helps I think . Down load loman and have ago http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mr.ICBM
07-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey thx for the reply's, i will try to submit this problem to ATI's cataclyst team.

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

-Dice-Man
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;