PDA

View Full Version : Class-based gameplay...

Devnullq2
03-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Looking through the scripts under the muliplayer folder it appears that player classes are atleast partially implemented. Is there some way to enable them at this point. I see nothing in server options about player classes.

I would really LOVE to work on a class-based mod but I lack an oop background. I learned enough ANSI C to work on some mods for Quake2 and have been studying some C++ here and there on my own time but this is not really something I could do.

So anyways- Anyone else noticed the appearance of this code and know how difficult it would be to implement/enable player classes?

Sorry if this has been asked before, search doesn't seem to work for this forum -Dev

Devnullq2
03-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Looking through the scripts under the muliplayer folder it appears that player classes are atleast partially implemented. Is there some way to enable them at this point. I see nothing in server options about player classes.

I would really LOVE to work on a class-based mod but I lack an oop background. I learned enough ANSI C to work on some mods for Quake2 and have been studying some C++ here and there on my own time but this is not really something I could do.

So anyways- Anyone else noticed the appearance of this code and know how difficult it would be to implement/enable player classes?

Sorry if this has been asked before, search doesn't seem to work for this forum -Dev

Devnullq2
03-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Well through editing the scripts I think I might have gotten some class menu selection(or some other odd menu) to come up upon starting the server but then it also wouldn't let anyone join a team! hah! I'll leave this to those with a little more insight for now.

Devnullq2
03-25-2004, 07:30 PM
hahahaha duh! Now I see that classes are part of the assault mode. Hadn't played that yet, figured it was just like unreal assault. Oh ok. Would love to see some Class-based mods.

Sloan_Chanston
03-25-2004, 07:46 PM
RTFM *grin*

-----------------------------
Support your local medical examiner - die strangely.