PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Problem of All

Weters
06-07-2004, 03:38 PM
This is what I feel is the biggest problem of this game, and it isn't anyone's fault.

Pandora Tomorrow wasn't commercialized enough to get a strong fan base at the beginning. Those who did get the game at the beginning adjusted to the learning curve along with everyone else.

The problem now is for the people who bought this game even a month after it's release is having a difficult time trying to learn. It's very easy to spot a newbie. I'm sure it's not fun for people first learning to play MP to get their neck's snapped twice and lose within 2 minutes, which is why they quit.

People won't like a game they aren't good at. This is why the numbers haven't increased for the PC users.

Maybe create two World Lobbies, like a Beginner's Lobby and a Veteran's Lobby. Maybe after a certain amount of Wins, or Games Played, a user can no longer enter the Beginners lobby allow true beginners (not advanced players who can't hack it against other advacned players and try to take out their inadequate performances on the n00bs.) to mature and progress in this game.

Weters
06-07-2004, 03:38 PM
This is what I feel is the biggest problem of this game, and it isn't anyone's fault.

Pandora Tomorrow wasn't commercialized enough to get a strong fan base at the beginning. Those who did get the game at the beginning adjusted to the learning curve along with everyone else.

The problem now is for the people who bought this game even a month after it's release is having a difficult time trying to learn. It's very easy to spot a newbie. I'm sure it's not fun for people first learning to play MP to get their neck's snapped twice and lose within 2 minutes, which is why they quit.

People won't like a game they aren't good at. This is why the numbers haven't increased for the PC users.

Maybe create two World Lobbies, like a Beginner's Lobby and a Veteran's Lobby. Maybe after a certain amount of Wins, or Games Played, a user can no longer enter the Beginners lobby allow true beginners (not advanced players who can't hack it against other advacned players and try to take out their inadequate performances on the n00bs.) to mature and progress in this game.

Cybrid_Ice
06-07-2004, 04:55 PM
You might be right.
(im new to this forum, and only have the MP demo)

but whenever i encounter a n00b, i TRY to teach him how to play, not run him into the ground. if more people helped teach new players how to play i think it might make them feel welcome instead of driving them away

dojomann
06-07-2004, 05:31 PM
EXCELLENT IDEA!! that's a great idea. They should really put this in here. I hope ppl wont keep making new accounts just to own noobs though.

http://mcarthurteam.com/dojomann.jpg

CuriousGimp
06-07-2004, 06:26 PM
But that would only encourage assho1es to go to the noob beginners lobby to get a few easy kills and feel good about themselves.

Weters
06-07-2004, 06:27 PM
That's the one thing I did think about is creating new accounts. But maybe per serial key. I know that may knock out other users from the same computer, but it's probably for the better.

jzorro
06-07-2004, 06:29 PM
This is one reason I have stayed away from the multiplayer. I really enjoy the single player game, but the controls are different in multiplayer and I get killed so fast I cannot even learn how to move or play. Just having the moves and controls the same would be a big help. Then I could work on strategy rather than just getting beaten up on all the time. Noobs don't have a chance to learn, so we won't stick with it and you other guys (and gals) will run out of opponents. There seem to be technical obstacles too. I haven't played MP enough to experience any of them.

Today's code is 052651733373889 Pandora Tomorrow again.

reeferkills
06-07-2004, 06:38 PM
you can set the controls up nearly the same if you like, but really the game would be better off with a single player portion that let people get the hang of the skills they need in multiplayer.

Fiddius
06-07-2004, 06:45 PM
There's a website that has made a lot of tutorial videos for PT Multiplayer... I can't remember the URL though.... if someone knows what I'm talking about and could post it its a great place for newbies to learn some tricks...

weirdstuff
06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
www.sc-spyworld.com (http://www.sc-spyworld.com) is what you are talking about.

ArnoldRimmer
06-08-2004, 01:51 AM
If I could only host a game I would make a noobschool or something game. But well I cant. My server aint visible.

SITHDUKE
06-08-2004, 06:58 AM
However i probably could http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://sithduke.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sigsith.psd.jpg
-------------------------
"Can ve paint zem gowld? It's kinda me sing ya?"
*Beeeeeeep-Beeeeeeep*
"How About Nooooo?! You crazy dutch *******"

My all time favourite qoute http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And Remember...
Just your friendly Sith posting again ^_^