PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry demo extraction/installation issues

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I've been having a heck of a time just getting this demo extracted and installed. I've downloaded it from 4 different sites with the correct file size. I've tried downloading with and without a download manager(Get Right).

I either get errors at the very end of extracting it using WinRar and Winzip or I get most of the way through the demo install and get an Error 1335. All of the errors reference the Data1.cab file, saying that it is corrupt. I've tried all of the tips from various forums, changing the memory for the boot.ini, etc. I've been trying to get this installed for 3 days now and am not sure what to do.

This is happening on a newly formatted machine. I've just installed a new hard drive and have not had any other issues. Been running and playing XIII, COD, BF1942 fine.
Config is below:

Athlon XP 2600+
1GB PC3200 DDR
ABIT NF7-S
ATI 9600 Pro 128mb
Soundblaster Audigy
Maxtor 80GB SATA
Maxtor 40GB storage using SATA adapter
WIN XP Pro W/SP1
DirectX9a

Nothing overclocked, latest drivers for everything. No other problems. I've been an avid gamer for a long time and have never had this kind of issue. I would usually have the normal issues running a game, not extracting it and getting MS Installer errors just trying to install it. I've done searches on Google and TechNet, have burned it on to a cd, everything. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2004, 02:17 PM
I've been having a heck of a time just getting this demo extracted and installed. I've downloaded it from 4 different sites with the correct file size. I've tried downloading with and without a download manager(Get Right).

I either get errors at the very end of extracting it using WinRar and Winzip or I get most of the way through the demo install and get an Error 1335. All of the errors reference the Data1.cab file, saying that it is corrupt. I've tried all of the tips from various forums, changing the memory for the boot.ini, etc. I've been trying to get this installed for 3 days now and am not sure what to do.

This is happening on a newly formatted machine. I've just installed a new hard drive and have not had any other issues. Been running and playing XIII, COD, BF1942 fine.
Config is below:

Athlon XP 2600+
1GB PC3200 DDR
ABIT NF7-S
ATI 9600 Pro 128mb
Soundblaster Audigy
Maxtor 80GB SATA
Maxtor 40GB storage using SATA adapter
WIN XP Pro W/SP1
DirectX9a

Nothing overclocked, latest drivers for everything. No other problems. I've been an avid gamer for a long time and have never had this kind of issue. I would usually have the normal issues running a game, not extracting it and getting MS Installer errors just trying to install it. I've done searches on Google and TechNet, have burned it on to a cd, everything. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Bump

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 12:18 AM
well, try to burn one of your downloads on a cd and install it at a friends house.. If it works fine there, then Scandisk your drive

<{GL}> GiDEoN

Http://Farcry.Gia-Clan.Com

Galvin02
03-07-2004, 08:26 PM
I have been having the same issues today. I tried putting on my other computer and it worked fine but this computer gives me problems. I realize it's some hardware problem because when i try to install most games it now gives me an error when installing from either my cdrw or my dvd rom. it will give me a corrupted file message. now that it does it when the actual install file is on my computer really worries me.

does anyone know if this would be my hard drive or my motherboard? any help is greatly appreciated. also i have had numerous problems with my sound card.

P4 2.8 ghz
p4pb 400 motherboard
1028mb PC 3200 ram
128mb geforce MX 440 (soon to be upgraded)
IBM deskstar 100gb harddrive
soundblaster live 5.1