PDA

View Full Version : Permanent destruction Help Please

norbertcolon
03-24-2004, 05:46 AM
I am currently making a campaign in AEP. I have encountered a small but annoying problem.

I will destroy a village in one mission but when re visiting it for the next mission it has miraculously rebuilt itself.

When I have made campaigs before the destruction in one mission has carried onto the next and so on and so on.

It may be that I am not doing something right, that I did before but have forgotten. I'm not sure. Can anyone offer any help.

Thanks Chaps I know you are all so helpful.

norbertcolon
03-24-2004, 05:46 AM
I am currently making a campaign in AEP. I have encountered a small but annoying problem.

I will destroy a village in one mission but when re visiting it for the next mission it has miraculously rebuilt itself.

When I have made campaigs before the destruction in one mission has carried onto the next and so on and so on.

It may be that I am not doing something right, that I did before but have forgotten. I'm not sure. Can anyone offer any help.

Thanks Chaps I know you are all so helpful.

Red_Storm
03-24-2004, 06:46 AM
I can't directly help you with your problem, but perhaps you can help me with mine. My question is: How in God's name do you link mission together into a campaign? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sorry I couldn't help you, but see this as a bump for your thread. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aviar
03-24-2004, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red_Storm:
I can't directly help you with your problem, but perhaps you can help me with mine. My question is: How in God's name do you link mission together into a campaign? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sorry I couldn't help you, but see this as a bump for your thread. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at pages 57-58 in the FB manual.

Aviar

--------------------------
AMD XP 2600+
EPoX EP-8K9AI Mobo
1536Mb DDR PC 2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Klipsch 5.1 THX Certified Speakers
CH FighterStick USB
CH Pro Throttle USB
CH Pro Pedals USB
Thrustmaster Tacticalboard
--------------------------

Zeus-cat
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
norbertcolon,

My advice is to look at the files from someone else's campaign. Either one that came with the game or one you downloaded. Never re-invent the wheel when you can learn from someone else's work!

Zeus-cat

JR_Greenhorn
03-24-2004, 09:51 PM
norbertcolon, are you making your own campaign with the FMB, or do you mean you are playing a game-generated one?

If you are making your own campaign mission by mission, you can "paint" destruction onto the map. This way, a bombed city can be destroyed for subsequent missions.
I think these functions are nested into the View menu somewhere (foggy memory).

norbertcolon
03-25-2004, 06:22 AM
No what it is is this.
I used to make my own campaigns before and if for example I attacked a village with bombs, then in the following mission all the damage I did would still be there.
Nothing to do with the damage brush at all.

Now when I revisit a bombed village it has rebuilt itself, which it never used to do.

It actually says in the manual that by using the same map for subsequent missions that damage will reamin, but it don't and I can't understand why.

Cheers

scootertgm
03-25-2004, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by norbertcolon:

Thanks Chaps I know you are all so helpful.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you start to build hte next mission, re-load the previous mission that has the destroyed village and then save as to the new name and the change targets etc.

I also create templates for my campaigns meaning, I setup the main airfields/citys then save. For each mission I only have to add the appropriate planes/targets.

norbertcolon
03-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Cheers it seems to work ok now.

Thanks again.