PDA

View Full Version : Is XBOX LIVE 3.0(tsunami) coming on the 21st?

Animus21
04-17-2004, 02:03 PM
i got a message from XBOX LIVE saying that the servers will be down for 24 hours starting on the 21st of April because they will be updating... is this the new 3.0 aka Tsunami i've read about?

Animus21
04-17-2004, 02:03 PM
i got a message from XBOX LIVE saying that the servers will be down for 24 hours starting on the 21st of April because they will be updating... is this the new 3.0 aka Tsunami i've read about?

KANDLER
04-17-2004, 02:12 PM
...........i think so....and u better not be sh*tting me. are u signed up for a newsletter? do u think they have info on it at the website??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Polykarbon

posted Thu April 15 2004 12:53 AM
Just wait--The new X-Box live update is supposed to be pretty amazing in terms of added content. Full clan support is one of these added content identity functions.

Son_of_SamF

posted Thu April 15 2004 06:12 AM
The next Live update, codenamed Tsunami (aptly named) is supposed to bring in several new features. However the game will need to be patched again (probably) to take advantage of it.

Xbox Live will introduce team units (clans), from what I understand, you can start a team and users can join it (there will be one person with the ability to boot people off). You have the option of pooling your stats as a team and comparing yourself against other teams.

In addition the ability to send a voice or text message to someone's MSN Messenger account-or vice versa is being added. So you can record like 10 seconds of your voice and MSN or transmit it to someone's Xbox Live account, and when they log on they can hear it...

Also the ability to upload a logo for your clan is being added. It also looks like Tsunami enabled games is being geared towards user created mods/maps, which would be VERY cool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Animus21
04-17-2004, 02:37 PM
all it said was go to ww.xbox.com/live for more info... i went there, and didn't find any... man i hope its tsunami... i've been reading so much about it... clans, team ranks and stats, mod community, upload game save.. everything i want man. everything....

DaRizat
04-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Like I said in the other forum you posted on, I think it is, because the new Xboxes in the store say that LIve 3.0 is loaded on them on the boxart.

KANDLER
04-17-2004, 03:06 PM
animus-

where have u heard about this tsunami? did u hear it from other gamers, or has Ubi actually said theyre undertaking the whole tsunami (clan) thing in one of the next content downloads/auto-updates?

thanks for all the info so far

gamertag: N O A F

KANDLER
04-17-2004, 03:22 PM
k, got some kinda bad news....i doubt the update ur talking about on the 21rst is the fabled tsunami one.

-http://www.fantazm.com/microsoft_index.php

go a little ways down the page and you'll see the press release.

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=129335&forumid=1

ozy0
04-17-2004, 06:29 PM
It cold be it could be not...But if this new patch happens maybe thats when the new SCPT patch will come out to coincide with the patch.

How do Iraqi's practice for diving contests
http://seanism.com/dlarea/pafiledb.php?action=watch&id=104

\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) |¯|
GameTag:Ozy0 |_
/_/\_\ |_|)_) |___|

Animus21
04-17-2004, 07:31 PM
well, i called XBOX LIVE and told them that i got a message that live will be down on the 21st, and the guy confirmed it. i asked him if this was the 3.0 upgrade that i've read about and he said that he knows nothing.. i said is this the "tsunami" i've read about in the official xbox magazine? and he looked into it and said that all he could find was that they will be upgrading and thats all he knows... upgrading huh? hmmmmmm.......

KANDLER
04-17-2004, 07:38 PM
(guy fron XBL) what a b*tch. if he knew how much we ALL cared about this....he'd at least hint to something.

who did u talk w/ ? customer serv? damn...its times like this i really wish i knew someone that worked there...just so we could get SOME claification

ive been looking around the web, trying to find any more info on the subject...and it seems that MS has been trying really hard to keep the whole "tsunami" project a secret.

but according to several diff. press releases, im assuming (and am fairly certain) that this new system update all XBL users will have to undergo April 21rst, is in fact the "tsunami" update. i even found one from MS asst Exec. who said everything he could, and said if he told any more he'd be in deep sh*t.

i dont know about everyone else, but im just glad the guys at XB waited until 4/21 to do the update....i dont know what id do if i couldnt play while blazin all 4/20

[This message was edited by KANDLER on Sat April 17 2004 at 08:51 PM.]

ANGRYICECRYSTL
04-18-2004, 07:13 PM
My regional rep was telling me about Tsunami, but he was implying it wasn't going Live until closer to the summer. Tsunami won't happen all in one go though, they'll need to build it a bit at a time, so maybe this is the first stages of it?

Art_Of_Drowning
04-19-2004, 01:11 AM
http://www.gamespaper.com/news/XboxLive3.0tolaunchbyend.shtml it says it was supposed to be out by the end of march so this new update has to be the tsunami 3.0 ive been hearing about man if it is it would ****ing rule

lutonomy
04-19-2004, 01:33 AM
Even if it is the "full" version of Tsunami, wouldn't the new features have to be supported by the game, just like all the current XBL features? I doubt we're going to see some amazing overnight transformation...

"Never his mind on where he was! Hmph. What he was doing! Hmph."
-Yoda

ozy0
04-19-2004, 07:59 AM
That why maybe the Splinter Cell patch (with the ranking bugs) to come out with the Live patch to support it! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

How do Iraqi's practice for diving contests
http://seanism.com/dlarea/pafiledb.php?action=watch&id=104

\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) |¯|
GameTag:Ozy0 |_
/_/\_\ |_|)_) |___|

spunkjello
04-19-2004, 08:36 AM
Xbox.com said that the update would take place towards the end of April, and all the features won't be visible right away. No games out now will utilize 3.0. Black arrow will probably be one of the first and that doesn't come out until August. So it doesn't really make a difference, at least for SCPT and RS3.

Son_of_SamF
04-19-2004, 09:04 AM
From what I gather this is Tsunami, and there will be other updates to go with this, they are updating the backbone (servers) the 21st, you should see some immediate changes... what's being said here is true no games support it .. YET..

However the MSN Messenger, Clan support, should be supported right out of the dash.. while Broken Sword is the first ANNOUNCED game with Live 3.0 it doesn't mean that SC2 or R63 can't be patched to handle some of these new features.

&lt;****&gt; Spy for hire, like a mercenary, but a spy.. w3rd &lt;****&gt;

Polykarbon
04-19-2004, 02:58 PM
I can entirely confirm that the new update your talking about will take place this wednesday[21].

The new update is going to take quite some time because the servers are going to be reset; with the new tools uploaded. I can also confirm that everything Son_of_SamF stated will be added and working, from the moment everything is uploaded and back online.

There is also a feature that is being talked about a lot behind doors regarding user created maps, for LATER games that would support them.[Farcry anyone?]

Later.

MESSsC
04-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Well, Tsunami is a huge wave, so this could be it, a huge wave of updates in one day!

spiesvsmercs
04-19-2004, 11:23 PM
How will you be able to do the mods and stuff? Will you have to do it on your comp and then use a mem card or somethin to get it to xbox live? Or will it come with programs to edit the games?

http://thirdechelon.ubi.com/uk/files/scpt-gif-03.gif
http://www.splintercell.com/uk/images/downloads/scpt-signature-charge.gif.gif