PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Texture Grass/Texture view distance..?

Point-Of-Origin
03-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Ok first of, the game is very very good and I thank Crytek and Ubi for a sterling job on it. Just picked up my copy and I love it..! Great job guys..! Secondly, my prob. The grass on the detail texture and the texture itself are just not drawn far enough for my likeing so I have been trying to get the "Detail Texture" to show much farther out, but Im stumped. I have tried in devmode these following comands..

e_detail_texture_min_fov http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifefault is 0.550000

I have tried going up and down but it never changes. I even put these lines in the main system.cfg file and made it read only, then removed the system.cfg in the profiles forcing a new one to be writen by the main cfg. Still nothing, it disables the read-only and writes in a new system.cfg into the profiles folder without the new lines..! Hope that makes sense.
I have managed to increase the vegatation dawing distance by a factor of 3 using:

e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = "3.000000"

But for the love of me, I cant get the grass and the detailed texture to show much farther out..! So, has anybody yet been able to do this yet..? and if so could you help us out a bit with this one..Thanks vm..!

Point-Of-Origin
03-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Ok first of, the game is very very good and I thank Crytek and Ubi for a sterling job on it. Just picked up my copy and I love it..! Great job guys..! Secondly, my prob. The grass on the detail texture and the texture itself are just not drawn far enough for my likeing so I have been trying to get the "Detail Texture" to show much farther out, but Im stumped. I have tried in devmode these following comands..

e_detail_texture_min_fov http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifefault is 0.550000

I have tried going up and down but it never changes. I even put these lines in the main system.cfg file and made it read only, then removed the system.cfg in the profiles forcing a new one to be writen by the main cfg. Still nothing, it disables the read-only and writes in a new system.cfg into the profiles folder without the new lines..! Hope that makes sense.
I have managed to increase the vegatation dawing distance by a factor of 3 using:

e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio = "3.000000"

But for the love of me, I cant get the grass and the detailed texture to show much farther out..! So, has anybody yet been able to do this yet..? and if so could you help us out a bit with this one..Thanks vm..!

Point-Of-Origin
03-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Any1..? Need help with this baaadd..!

vladik007
03-26-2004, 09:44 PM
console type this

\e_terrain_lod_ratio 0

this means detail of "terrain" (not vegetation , just ground ) will be at its highest level at all times. I too am VERY upset that CryTek didnt let us enable this in game as i'm running 3.4Ghz machine with 1gig of ram plus 9800 Pro and i just dont think i have to put up with picture being drawn on my monitor all the frigging time.