PDA

View Full Version : Ping kicker?

Annihilus88
05-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Hi, my bro wants to limit what pings are on his server. Is there any tool or utilities that do this? And is there a way to limit pings? He does'nt want anybody with 300 ping on the server cause they ping the server too much...

Annihilus88
05-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Hi, my bro wants to limit what pings are on his server. Is there any tool or utilities that do this? And is there a way to limit pings? He does'nt want anybody with 300 ping on the server cause they ping the server too much...

savageone
05-22-2004, 02:37 PM
you might try scrounging around in a
punkbuster forum, pb seems to have quite afew filters that you can screen people out, dont know if ping is one of them though. fyi, if your running a sa server, especially if its a rented box on a fat pipe, someone pinging 300 or even 1000 should not effect your game or your ping, only the poor sob that has the **** ping will be effected by it. that may not be as true if your running the box off of a 1 gig cable conect or dsl out of your house though, but i would think it would. on a cable connect or dsl connect your going to have problems when you get to many guys on there, probably 12 max players on a home line.

http://combinedwarfare.com/public_html/images/avatar/savageone/signature2.JPG