PDA

View Full Version : Fix for the Fix?

Ownage08
03-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the new version, i dlded the 1.1 patch, installed it. I had a better chance of getting a game before.... oh it doesnt crash anymore, but whenever i try to join a server its either not the right version (even when im filtering other versions)?? or the game is not avaliable anymore... also the refreh button and whole interface is crap, u press refresh and nothing changes...

Ownage08
03-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the new version, i dlded the 1.1 patch, installed it. I had a better chance of getting a game before.... oh it doesnt crash anymore, but whenever i try to join a server its either not the right version (even when im filtering other versions)?? or the game is not avaliable anymore... also the refreh button and whole interface is crap, u press refresh and nothing changes...

spesimen
03-26-2004, 04:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>oh it doesnt crash anymore, but whenever i try to join a server its either not the right version (even when im filtering other versions)?? or the game is not avaliable anymore<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not just you, i'm having the same issue and i've seen a fair amount of other posts indicating the same problem too. i did eventually manage to join a game but it seemed pretty random, i just kept trying different rooms and servers until finally it worked.

Ice.Breaker12
03-26-2004, 04:14 PM
i had the same probelm, but when i opened the udp ports 8888 and 45001 the problem was gone, at least for me.

evil.jelly
03-26-2004, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spesimen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>oh it doesnt crash anymore, but whenever i try to join a server its either not the right version (even when im filtering other versions)?? or the game is not avaliable anymore<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not just you, i'm having the same issue and i've seen a fair amount of other posts indicating the same problem too. i did eventually manage to join a game but it seemed pretty random, i just kept trying different rooms and servers until finally it worked.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the fact that the majority have yet to patch their game to the same version does not require a fix..

and it's my understanding that the 'game not available anymore' was (pre-patch) when you got this message the client would crash.. now instead of crashing it merely displays that message, which in my books is a marked improvement