PDA

View Full Version : They are monitoring the forums

Ricky_j
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Since the release of Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow we have been monitoring the forums and giving your feedback to the development team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See? Let´s hope they don´t listen to the whiners out there who claim the game isn´t balanced!

But surely they already know that they have achieved a perfect level of balancing http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ricky_j
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Since the release of Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow we have been monitoring the forums and giving your feedback to the development team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See? Let´s hope they don´t listen to the whiners out there who claim the game isn´t balanced!

But surely they already know that they have achieved a perfect level of balancing http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Beat7779
03-31-2004, 09:31 AM
They are balanced. Last night I spent hours playing on Xbox Live. I mean hours, yeah, I have no life and live in Oklahoma. Video games = my pastime; because actually going to the classes I pay for is over-rated. Anyhow, last night I played many, many games and I rocked the Spies as a Merc on occasions and the Spies kicked my *** in others. Then of course, I rocked Mercs as a Spy never snapping a single neck or charging them. A lot of people who play Spies just don't understand what a Spy is I guess.

Ricky_j
03-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Yeah, the balance is the best I have seen in an online game...

HumanChimp
03-31-2004, 09:37 AM
yeh, IMO it is a very balanced game if you know how to use both the spy and the merc to the full - some people just dont know what to do with the mercs, so think they are not as powerful. This game rocks

http://livestats.i-networx.de/stats.php?gtag=HumanChimp&ld=3

Beat7779
03-31-2004, 09:45 AM
It's all about the strategical placing of the Spy Traps or Mines. A lot of Mercs just assume leaving them right by the ND133's is good. Sometimes it is depending on the Spies. If they are really good then you place them on the routes to the ND133. Anyhow, are there any parts of the MP Maps where you can do the Split Jump? I just love the way the move looks and I would love to knock out a Merc by dropping on top of them. Also, those who complain about Spies being too weak... use your gear other than the sticky shooter and grenades. Did someone say noise emitters and sticky cameras? I love gassing people!

General_Zod666
03-31-2004, 11:50 AM
I think the game play is very balanced, too bad the underlying netcode isn't. You shouldn't use server/client netcode without dedicated servers. They should either:
1) rewrite the netcode and make it p2p (doubtful they'll ever do that).
2) give an option to run dedicated servers (doubtful anyone would dedicate boxes for just a 2 on 2 game.

Given the above the best choice would be 1 but i'd settle for 2. Might be suprised that people might actually run dedicated servers. Heck the xbox version has this option (which I find really strange that the pc version doesnt)