PDA

View Full Version : Game does not start

Vettje
01-15-2004, 12:40 PM
When I start Uru Live I automatically go to the Uru Setup. When I login, no problems.
But when I click the "play" button the Uru Setup window closes and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong??

Vettje
01-15-2004, 12:40 PM
When I start Uru Live I automatically go to the Uru Setup. When I login, no problems.
But when I click the "play" button the Uru Setup window closes and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong??

Heimdall_G
01-15-2004, 01:06 PM
When you hit Play, do you see any modem activity? If not, is your firewall (hardware and/or software) set up properly for Uru on-line? Check out 'Connection - Firewall/Router, Errors (auth, updates)' at the top of this Forum and 'Network protocol analysis, running behind a firewall', further down.

Or, you may have some Uru file problems and should try uninstalling and reinstalling Uru.

If you accepted the install defaults, Uru is installed in C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst. There's a subfolder named 'sav' with its own subfolders, which is where Uru does its game autosaving. If the \sav folder and subfolders disappear or are reset to fresh-install state, you lose any progress you've made off-line in Prime and get to start the game all over again. Uninstalling/reinstalling Uru shouldn't touch the \sav folder, but you never know.

Copy the \save folder and its subfolders to another place on your hard drive. Then use Control Panel -> Add/remove Programs to uninstall Uru. Reboot, and reinstall the game. If you do lose game progress, copy the saved \sav folder and subs over the fresh-install \sav folders.

If none of the above help, please post back with details.

BTW, for playing off-line in Uru Prime, I'd recommend regularly copying at least the \sav folder and its subs to somewhere else on your hard drive. (When I was playing Prime, I'd copy \sav each time I finished for the day.) That way, if \sav does get trashed somehow, you won't lose all your game progress. Also, Uru uses the \sav info when you import an off-line character into the on-line game.

When playing on-line, I copy \Uru - Ages Beyond Myst and all of its subfolders at least once each week. Several times, something has gotten trashed and I've simply replaced the entire \Uru - Ages Beyond Myst folder and subs, been back in business right away. This costs the time to download whatever on-line updates have come out since you last saved, of course, but that's a whole lot better than starting from a fresh game install!

Game progress on-line in the Prologue is saved on the Ubisoft server, not on your hard drive.

In Live as -- Heimdall
KI 89512

[This message was edited by Heimdall G on Tue June 08 2004 at 10:09 AM.]